Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Regular Contributor
My Device: Curve 8530 OS 5.0.0.1030 and playbook OS 1.0.3.2342

BLUETOOTH ON PB NOT WORKING ON OTHER BLUETOOTH DEVICES

I have a bluetooth headset motorola that works 100% on the curve 8530 and on my sony vaio. When i pair it to the tablet, it does not find it, as far as the sony vaio laptop, it does find it but does not interact on either end, its only engaged but not accesible.  Any idea what could it be, or how to fix this bug?

BlackBerry-PlayBook9.jpg

Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Z10

Re: BLUETOOTH ON PB NOT WORKING ON OTHER BLUETOOTH DEVICES

Hi playbook_fan

You can pair the BlackBerry Playbook with other Bluetooth devices however the supported Bluetooth services may not support the functionality.

KB26506 - Bluetooth support on the BlackBerry PlayBook

Thanks

-CptS

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

Regular Contributor

That is a shame on RIM, how in the world they release a product when still have so many issues?. It is frustrating when you buy something that can not be used in some applications. So it is not fuctional because the manufacturer of the other device does not support Playbook or both products not support each other, like the Motorola headset I have, it works on the curve 8530, but not on the PB. I know some products like Bluetooth keyboards or the BB phones work, when you think will be implemented and fully functional in more products? I thought they have a standard for Bluetooth?

My Device: 9700
My Carrier: T-Mobile

I'm trying to pair the Playbook to a Motorola Bluetooth Keyboard. It finds, but errors out and does not connect.

My Device: 9700
My Carrier: T-Mobile

After messing about for a bit, I was able to get the bluetooth keyboard to connect nicely. I had to use the Keyboard's ability to connec to a Computer by pressing the V,A, and R buttons simultaneously while powering on. Then enter the Code from the Playbook and it finally connected. A couple issues, 1. You can't see where the cursor is going when pressing Tab. 2. Ctrl-Enter does not add www. and .com to the address bar like IE.
Regular Contributor

My playbook finally found the motorola headset, but doesn't communicate each other, when i play a video or a song, the headset doesn't  play the audio from tablet, the device is in the list of bluetooth devices but when i open properties on the headset it says "not available services".

Super Contributor
My Device: PlayBook 32GB and PlayBook 16GB
My Carrier: DCI Telecom

I have the same problem. Bluetooth on my PB can see and is paired with both, my PC and my Nokia E71, but I can't connect to either. While I can sync the PB with my PC using the USB cable, sync using bluetooth does not work.
Super Contributor

Hahh! Just discovered that th latest BBY Desktop does not support bluetooth connection to the playbook!
Super Contributor

Hahh! Just discovered that the latest BBY Desktop does not support bluetooth connection to the playbook!