Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Super Contributor
My Device: pb
My Carrier: none

Re: BUY A NEW PLAYBook

Come on. You've had a laugh about London and its immitations, now does anyone know if Playbook parts can be obtained, or was it all BS?    I know you're online. 

My Device: PlayBook 32 & 64 GB & Torch 9860, Z30
My Carrier: Wind Mobile

What parts are you looking for? Some have had broken screens replaced? I don't know where they got them. Check the Internet for available parts for a PlayBook. Also do a search on Www.crackberry.com. You might find some help there.
Trusted Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Playbook 32GB
My Carrier: none at present

I dont know anything about this company, was just a google seaarch but they appear to carry PB screens

OEM Blackberry Playbook Parts

Gene
New Contributor
My Device: Playbook 32 GB, Bold 9930
My Carrier: Bell

I called RIM to see about getting my screen fixed and was told $150. For that price I can buy a new one in Canada,assuming that I can find one. Everywhere is sold out after Christmas and Boxing. Day.

Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

Lost_at_Sea wrote:
What parts are you looking for? Some have had broken screens replaced? I don't know where they got them. Check the Internet for available parts for a PlayBook. Also do a search on Www.crackberry.com. You might find some help there.

I am not looking for parts, the other guy was. I have looked unsuccessfully in the past when the furore about USB sockets arose.  I was just very interested for when I do need them, as I have never seen any ads for parts.  I think it's important to back up advice such as this with real data.  

[ Edited ]

saugen48 wrote:

I dont know anything about this company, was just a google seaarch but they appear to carry PB screens

OEM Blackberry Playbook Parts

+86 is china. Makes you wonder how they get hold of the parts!  Genuine? They have been around 10 years if you believe the copyright statement.   I buy valves (tubes) for my hifi from China but not sure about something as expensive as this. $82 plus all the dismantling which is not easy. (cite  http://www.ifixit.com/Teardown/BlackBerry+PlayBook+Teardown/5265/1 )

My Device: Blackberry Playbook 32GB
My Carrier: none at present

You could try on EBay..I have seen new ones for sale on there..however, they are certainly not available for the Boxing Day sale prices ($118)

Gene
Contributor
My Device: BB Playbook, BB Torch 9530 and BB Torch 9860
My Carrier: MTN, ETISALAT

[ Edited ]

Pick one from my collections  (advertisement link removed)