Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

New Contributor
mrsdianecharnock
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: O2

Back to factory settings ?

Does anyone know how to take pb back to factory settings? I want to pass this over to my son, but he wants to load it from the beginning as new, as you do when you 1st take it out of the box? 

Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran I
Ronbob
My Device: Playbook 2.1/ Torch9860 OS7.1.0.746
My Carrier: Globe

Re: Back to factory settings ?

Go to the Gear icon on the upper right corner of the home screen, go to Security tab and select Security Wipe

Ron

...........................................................................................................................................................
Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up :smileyhappy:

Blackberry Battery Saving Tips | Follow me on Twitter

Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor III
rat-7
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 + Z30 + Playbook 64
My Carrier: Rogers

Ronbob wrote:

Go to the Gear icon on the upper right corner of the home screen, go to Security tab and select Security Wipe

Ron

This does not get you back to the factory settings, all it does is erase all your data and setting, to get back to factory settings you have to do a DEBRICK procedure using the USB cable and a computer running the Desktop program

---------------------------------------------
Using the Playbook and the Z10 and the Z30 and loving them

Martin
Please use plain text.
Developer
cas118
My Device: Z30 / PlayBook 64GB
My Carrier: Virgin Mobile UK

Martin's right - if you want a proper out-of-the-box experience, the security wipe will not completely reset the PlayBook, just remove all the user data and apps.

Just plug the PlayBook into the computer - connect to desktop manager and then restart the PlayBook. You will be prompted that the desktop cannot connect to the PlayBook and ask to Update. Click on that straightaway, follow the instructions, and the PlayBook will be completely reset.

Follow me on Twitter1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Please use plain text.