Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

New Contributor
My Device: playbook tablet
My Carrier: rogers

Badly needs help...

[ Edited ]

I'm stuck with the setup of my playbook (connect to wifi), first attempt it was interrupted because I ran out of battery, second attempt, I found my network clicked and keyed in the password but it says unsuccessful, i did repeat that step many times, third attempt, I cant find my network anymore so as the Hotspot button... all that was left  was MANUALLY CONNECT TO NETWORK and WI-FI PROTECTED SETUP...I tried the first option...the status says it is connecting but it can take up to 3 hours and still it wont connect. same with the WPS button...I tried updating the OS, i dont know if it has anything to do with this...please please please, any help will be really appreciated..

Any Ideas about this case? please...

Solutions: 6,267
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Badly needs help...

So, have you not completed the initial setup and country selection on your PlayBook?

Can you please find a local free and open WiFi hotspot to try this.. such as a local McDonalds or Starbucks?

>> Get your 15% Discount on ShopBlackBerry on Passport • Classic • Leap

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor

Hi! Thanks for your reply... I don't think im done with the iitial setup, even with the country..I went to Mcdonalds last night to see if i can solve this problem...sad to say i didnt..usually once a device detected a wifi connection it will pop up,for this one it won't the only option is manually connect and WPS, even the hotspot and advanced button is nowhere to be found.. im soo confused! I have this playbook since february...im patiently waiting...
Solutions: 6,267
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

You've not been able to activate this PlayBook since February?

Could you try this...(while at a McDonald's)  hold down the power button and volume UP key, simultaneously pressed about 20 seconds and see if the device will power off.

Then, power back on using the same buttons.

Try the initial setup again from the start of the process.

>> Get your 15% Discount on ShopBlackBerry on Passport • Classic • Leap

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor

:-( I went to starbucks early this morning, still didn't went through..i cannot connect, can't find any networks... i think i bought a trash :-( I tried everything that I could.