Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Playbook
Accepted Solution

Batter icon does not show lightening bolt

My Playbook has OS version 2.1.0.1526. While charging the battery icon does not display lightening bolt, though it is charging.

Developer
My Device: Passport/Z30//Q10/ Z10 / 9900 / PlayBook / 9700 / 8900

Re: Batter icon does not show lightening bolt

Hello, Dezlabs

Have you try rebooting the device??
Super Contributor
My Device: Playbook 64, Z-10, Q10

It is possible that the PB will charge and not show the lightning bolt if you are not using a charger designed for the power requirements of the PB. I have a small charger that does the same thing, of course it takes forever to charge at that rate. If you watch the battery level and it's rising, then the PB is charging. I'd say use the proper charger.

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Playbook

True. My original charger got damaged and I had to buy another one. Unfortunately, finding the original replacement was very difficult in my country. What was available was a USB charger. The charging rate is very slow, but it does charge. As you have mentioned, with low rate of charging the Lightening Bolt does not show up.

Thanks

Super Contributor
My Device: Playbook 64, Z-10, Q10

Check the milli-amp rating of the charger, it's on the label in very tiny print, you should try for one that is at least 1000 ma whichis 1 amp, or higher. Don't worry you can't get one with too much power. A lot of other tablets use higher power chargers so they're available even if not a true BlackBerry brand. The same applies to a 12V car charger, they have limiting circuitry in them so you need one that is capable of putting out at least 1000 ma or 1amp or more. I' just take my PB to the store and try the charger there to see if it works properly.

Super Contributor
My Device: PlayBook 32GB and PlayBook 16GB

[ Edited ]

The USB spec calls for 1A or 1,000mA power output. But today if you shop around you can find USB chargers with the Max Output of 2 or 2.1A (2,000 or 2,100mA).  I have a 12V carcharger with 5V 2100mA output, but I have seen line (100-240V) chargers also. They will work fine.