Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Forums Veteran I
jarviser
My Device: Two PB's

Re: Battery connector and Playbook response

I registered. Update available by the time I read the instructions and went to SW updates, i.e. Minutes. 1 hour download, less than that to load.

Off topic:. Hotmail mobile server problem is fixed, as it was in .668

Solutions: 5,825
My Device: Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

I really have no idea what your name is, just typing quickly to try to help you. I have no idea what a Thrush is other than a bird. No offense intended.

turdusturdus wrote:

Plus, the question is, which is what one poster asked : can one upgrade from a beta to a 'normal' OS when it arrives? 

Yes.

I think you should register again, after 24 hours and no update notice. Make sure you enter the correct PIN.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

turdusturdus wrote:

Finally, the user name is from Turdus Turdus (the Song Thrush), and is not turd, which is something totally objectionable, and should not be used by someone responsible.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/True_thrush

So maybe you are giving us the bird :smileywink:

This post was sent only in jest and not to be insulting in anyway.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 5.0.4 and BES 10.2.2 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2008

Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran I
jarviser
My Device: Two PB's

I guess if "turd" is not bleeped out by the forum software, it is only rude in some countries.  

My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

cant be that bad of a word, you can polish a turd

http://dsc.discovery.com/tv-shows/mythbusters/videos/polishing-a-turd-minimyth.htm

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 5.0.4 and BES 10.2.2 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2008

Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
turdusturdus
My Device: playbook
My Carrier: telus

[ Edited ]

Yet again, no luck with update to beta OS.

Successfully re-registered, waited for over an hour, and yet every time I check for updates, no beta notice arrives, neither does a notification.
Also, the information page asks that one clicks the link for the support forums, but nothing about this OS delivery problem can be found (there's a lot of other stuff).

This is a joke. (Similar to the 'expert', coming from the State of Abalama!) 

At this rate, should no beta arrive today, I shall have to put up with the battery rapid charge loss, and the connector snafu. Sad, but at least I know how not to use the Playbook.

Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
turdusturdus

Try another registration, I thought, it is not 24 hours. Guess what? Immediately after I re-registered, the Update appears. I am now downloading it.

We'll see!

Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
turdusturdus

Playbook rebooted and is working. Found one improvement already. 
Previously, the stand/charger that comes in the box was not working with the latest standard OS.

Just now connected the Playbook, with the Beta 2.1.0.840, and the stand/charger now works.

There must have been something seriously screwed with the standard (latest) OS to cause all of these charging/battery problems.

Please use plain text.
JSanders
Solutions: 5,825
My Device: Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

I try my best to kindly assist you and you've returned that with immature insults.

Likewise, you don't even have the deccency of character to offer a simple thank you. I know we've had past disagreements but at the outset of my response in this thread I decided I would attempt once again to answer one of your questions in a civil manner.

Aside from choosing to take this thread offtopic with that comment, you've at least confirmed my suspicions of your true character.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
turdusturdus

Please do grow up: you are the one who wrongly spelt my username, and elicited childish further posts. That does not deserve thanks.

You are the one who also spells his home state incorrectly. 

Why, when you have been extremely ill-mannered in the past, should I even worry about what character I possess? It's nothing to do with RIM Forums, because I don't doubt that there are all manner of people using Blackberry products who possess evil characteristics.

Please use plain text.