Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Regular Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry PlayBook & BlackBerry Bold 9700
My Carrier: Vodafone UK

Battery discharge whilst off

hi,

had my Playbook for a week now and like it a lot, can't wait to see what will be in 2.0.

i have a question though about the battery. Last night I 'switched off' the playbook rather than standby and lost a load of battery over night. Is this normal? I would have thought that it would be using very little power in 'off' mode.

cheers,

avinthat

BB Playbook & BlackBerry Bold 9700 - v6.0.0.570 | Vodafone UK | Previous: BB8100, BB9000
Home-made Recipes | Home-made Sauce Recipes | Simple Bread Recipe
Forums Advisor I
My Device: Blackberry Curve 8520, BlackBerry PlayBook
My Carrier: MTN

Re: Battery discharge whilst off

Hello !

Well yes, it is normal that PlayBook absorbs Battery Life even in STANDBY mode, because in this mode, it just keeps your screen on Sleep mode, but the device still keep updating your Mails and BBM.

So its better that you Shut Down your device completely for saving the battery life.

Hope this resolves your Problem!

If your problem has been resolved then would request you to Click on "Like" and accept as "Solution" so that other Advisors doesnt invest their time on this Message anymore.

Thanks.

Trusted Contributor
My Device: PlayBook 16GB + Samsung Galaxy Note
My Carrier: Telus

What the OP states is that his PB is draining battery even though he shuts it down (turn off) overnight and not in standby mode.

This doesn't seem to be normal if you only leave it shut off overnight.

I leave mine in standby mode but check the power level in the evening and recharge if needed.

A few days ago I left it in my car overnight and the cold drained the battery flat and it was a pain to get it back up as it would not get out of standby.

Had to charge it for a few hours and then do the 3 button reset.

I hope that OS2 will include a fix for this and if the battery is dead allow it to be recgarge and get up and running instantly.

DC-IT
Contributor
My Device: Q10, Z10 and 2 Playbooks
My Carrier: Rogers

Develop the habit of going into Airplane Mode before shutting down for the day.

And more importantly, develop the habit of turning OFF airplane mode when turning it back on. !duh! but I still forget.

There is no need to turn off WIFI as AP mode will do that for you, as well as other power saving stuff. I can be off for over a week before the battery is too low to restart.

jgb
jgb
Forums Advisor III
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 + Z30 + Playbook 64

What is Airplane Mode ?

---------------------------------------------
Using the Playbook and the Z10 and the Z30 and loving them

Martin
Highlighted
Contributor
My Device: Q10, Z10 and 2 Playbooks

Airplane mode turns off all wireless devices, WIFI, Bluetooth and Bridge. They work in background even when turned off. Airplane mode turns them all on or off from 1 icon.
jgb
Forums Veteran I
My Device: Z10 & Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon Wireless

When I shut off mr pb i don't lose battery charge.
Be a Shepard and not an iSheep.
Regular Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry PlayBook & BlackBerry Bold 9700
My Carrier: Vodafone UK

I'll try the full shut down again tonight and make sure it's at 100% before I do so to see if there is any loss.

Itching for the 2.0 upg.

Watched the vids on CrackBerry - looks promising!

BB Playbook & BlackBerry Bold 9700 - v6.0.0.570 | Vodafone UK | Previous: BB8100, BB9000
Home-made Recipes | Home-made Sauce Recipes | Simple Bread Recipe
Trusted Contributor
My Device: 8900/playbook
My Carrier: CMM

I suggest you do this:

You get your PB fully charged tonight, then shut it off, check out the next morning, if your battery lost much then i think you should get your battery changed,
Forums Veteran I
My Device: Z10 & Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon Wireless

CCpotter wrote:
I suggest you do this:

You get your PB fully charged tonight, then shut it off, check out the next morning, if your battery lost much then i think you should get your battery changed,

I have to agree with this poster.  I had 82% charge last night turned itbon 24 hours still at 82%.

Be a Shepard and not an iSheep.