Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

New Contributor
fourbzboysmom
My Device: Blackberry Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon
Accepted Solution

Battery will not hold a charge

Playbook is in perfect condition. Never used anything for charging except power cord that came with it and dock made by blackberry. Is there a fix for this? I've only had the tablet for about 7 months.

TIA.

Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.2.1.3247; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: at&t

Re: Battery will not hold a charge

Can you be a bit more specific on what "not hold a charge" means?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
MXZ
My Device: PlayBook
My Carrier: 3 it

try to use another one original wall charger , maybe yours is broken
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
fourbzboysmom

It will not charge past 7% or 8%. It works fine as long as it is plugged in. If I unplug it I get a low battery warning and it shuts off. The original charging cable does this AND the charging cradle. I don't think it is the charger that is broken.

Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.2.1.3247; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

I would contact RIM Playbook Support:

http://us.blackberry.com/support/tablets/playbook/contact-support.html
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
fourbzboysmom

That website says I'm not eligible for the 90 day direct support. I can't even figure out how to get a new battery. For the money my husband paid for this I would think customer support would be easier... :-|

Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark

Call them anyway. If the device is less than a year old it's still under warranty and they'll help you. The battery is not officially replaceable by the user.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
fourbzboysmom

Thanks!! They are going to fix it. I wouldn't have called that number without your suggestion. 

Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark

No problem. RIM has been very good about supporting the Playbook. Good luck!
Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
MXZ
My Device: PlayBook
My Carrier: 3 it

yeah i can confirm :smileyhappy: i love Rim
Please use plain text.