Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

New Contributor
My Device: Playbook rdj21ww
My Carrier: Table blackberry

Re: Battery will not hold a charge

I am having the same problem I have only had it for.3 weeks the charger was not working properly from day one and if I use another charger I have to have it pluged in to use it. It won't go pass 7% and I took it in the shop where I bought it from and they said it's not there problem

Guru II
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.2.2252; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: AT&T

You need to determine if it's the charger or the battery as was the original poster's problem.

If the charger isn't working then you need to replace it.  I highly recommend the rapid charger as it saves wear and tear on the USB port on the Playbook itself.  You can get one here:

http://www.amazon.com/Blackberry-Rapid-Travel-Charger-Playbook/dp/B004XBZ728/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=...

If the device still doesn't charge then I recommend contacting RIM as I instructed the other user in this thread to do.

Good luck!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Solutions: 6,163
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

amyliz wrote:

I am having the same problem I have only had it for.3 weeks the charger was not working properly from day one and if I use another charger I have to have it pluged in to use it. It won't go pass 7% and I took it in the shop where I bought it from and they said it's not there problem

Where did you buy it?

In what country do you reside?

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Highlighted
New Contributor

Yes but the. Charger was dodgy when I got it so there the ones who need to replace it.
Super Contributor
My Device: pb
My Carrier: none

JSanders wrote:

Where did you buy it?

In what country do you reside?

I bought it in pc world in the UK.London they said it's not there problem its the supplier x

Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

amyliz wrote:

I bought it in pc world in the UK.London they said it's not there problem its the supplier x

And you had this three weeks?? Remind them of the UK Sale of Goods Act 1994 and suggest that, as this went wrong in a very short time after purchase, if they don't replace the whole package immediately you will inform your local Trading Standards office that they are not conforming to the law. Tell them that you will also write to them along the same lines with a view to taking them to the Small Claims Court if they do not take responsibility for replacement. Ask for the name of the shop manager so that his refusal to comply can be entered in evidence. 

(FFS don't mention the other charger)

My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.2.2252; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

I've already posted all the information you need to contact RIM Support in the UK. If it were me I'd just go buy a rapid charger...you should have one anyway if you own a Playbook (even if your USB charger was working perfectly I'd still give the same recommendation.)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

This is UK and he should not have to do that, but corroboration from RIM may help.  I have explained his rights in this country.

These international manufacturers and retailers think they are above the law over here.  It's why we pay more for our stuff than in the rest of the world. 

TexTucker wrote:

amyliz wrote:

And you had this three weeks?? Remind them of the UK Sale of Goods Act 1994 and suggest that, as this went wrong in a very short time after purchase, if they don't replace the whole package immediately you will inform your local Trading Standards office that they are not conforming to the law. Tell them that you will also write to them along the same lines with a view to taking them to the Small Claims Court if they do not take responsibility for replacement. Ask for the name of the shop manager so that his refusal to comply can be entered in evidence. 

(FFS don't mention the other charger)

I think they should take care of it too.  However, if you contact RIM support (I posted the link earlier in the thread) they will take care of you. 

Purchase a rapid charger....trust me.  I own two Playbooks and bought rapid chargers for both just to prevent USB problems.