Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.0.1154; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: at&t

Re: Battery will not hold a charge

TexTucker wrote:

This is UK and he should not have to do that, but corroboration from RIM may help.  I have explained his rights in this country.

These international manufacturers and retailers think they are above the law over here.  It's why we pay more for our stuff than in the rest of the world. 

It's good advice.  I've seen similar posts about PC World in the UK before so this isn't an isolated incident.  I've also seen some online retailers who specify that they will not take returns on items that have manufacturer warranty, RIM being one of them. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Please use plain text.
Super Contributor
TexTucker
My Device: pb
My Carrier: none

Yes we also have different laws for online called Distant Selling Regulations that are also flouted by firms like Am***n.co.uk who appear to be a uk company yet evade taxes and laws by being based in Luxemburg or some other God-forsaken hole in the ground.

As Charlton Heston famously (almost) said...

"I will give up  the rights afforded to me by British law when they pry them from my cold dead hands"

My Device: Playbook rdj21ww
My Carrier: Table blackberry

thank you so much for all your help x

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
amyliz

my usb wont charge it either it wont even turn on.

Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.0.1154; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

You can't charge the Playbook from USB port on your computer. You must use the Playbook charger that came with it or the rapid charger.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
amyliz

im not trying to charge it from p.c i have a conector tha...

im not trying to charge it from p.c i have a conector that plugs into the wall that is ment to charge it.

Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark

Re: im not trying to charge it from p.c i have a conector tha...

If it is not the specified Playbook charger it will NOT charge the Playbook. The Playbook requires a higher amperage charger than does the smaller phone devices. If you're not using the dedicated Playbook charger it will NOT charge the Playbook.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
amyliz

ok thank you ... but should not be happening in the fisrt place

Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark

OK, we're talking in circles here. You need to contact RIM Support as suggested earlier or just get a new Playbook charger. Get either the exact same Playbook USB charger that came with the Playbook or purchase the rapid charger. Again, I HIGHLY recommend getting a rapid charger regardless of whether the USB charger works properly or not since the rapid charger does not put wear and tear on the USB port.

Attempting to use any other charger will charge the Playbook or will charger it very very slowly. Some USB chargers may work but the screen has to be off and it will take a very long time. Use of any charger other than the Playbook charger is NOT recommended.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
amyliz

ok thanks

ok thanks

Please use plain text.