Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Trusted Contributor
bs342
My Device: Torch 9800 / PlayBook / Z10
My Carrier: O2 UK
Accepted Solution

BlackBerry 10 on PlayBook

Wondered if anyone has any fresh information rumours dates on when BB10 will finally if ever arrive for the PlayBook?     Almost 3 months into BB10 and nothing but silence. Would be nice at least to have an idea when it may show up. Thanks in advance for any good news. 

BlackBerry is for Life not just for Christmas
Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
saugen48
My Device: Blackberry Playbook 32GB
My Carrier: none at present

Re: BlackBerry 10 on PlayBook

There was a report on here a couple of weeks ago

Gene
Please use plain text.
Developer
Innovatology
My Device: Playbook, Z10, Q10, Z30 with Files & Folders and Orbit of course
My Carrier: Vodafone

One of the sessions scheduled for BB Live in May is about Cascades on tablets and phones. As Cascades requires BB10, it seems like developers will be getting at least a preview then, perhaps a developer beta. Don't expect a public end-user release before summer.

https://bblive.blackberryconferences.net/2013/connect/sessionDetail.ww?SESSION_ID=2714

Files & Folders, the unified file & cloud manager for PlayBook and BB10 with SkyDrive, SugarSync, Box, Dropbox, Google Drive, Google Docs. Free 3-day trial! - Jon Webb - Innovatology - Utrecht, Netherlands
Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
bs342
My Device: Torch 9800 / PlayBook / Z10
My Carrier: O2 UK

Thank you for the reply. Really looking forward to its arrival and I'm sure it will impress as much as my Z10 has impressed. Patience is the game :Sweatdrop: 

BlackBerry is for Life not just for Christmas
Please use plain text.
PANTONYROD
My Device: PLAYBOOK
My Carrier: WIND

Firstly I would like to pay $25 to $75 because it would be worth it for one year of OS upgrades. Plus extra $75 ~ $100, for state of the art docking station; What I would like is the following:

- state of the art ASR - automatic speech recognition;

- docking station which enables me to replace my laptop with the Playbook;  so the docking station would include USB outlets for printer, traditional keyboard, scanner; storage like microSD or USB; SIM card right in the docking station, like Huawei "rocket stick" and/or continued BB phone supplied Internet connection; HDMI one way or the other;

- universal input device (keyboard and array of microphones) which connects to the docking station; should accept all scripts;

- best system or approach to replacing the laptop; so need variety of methods to print but USB is pretty basic, right?;

- state of the art mapping, transit, navigation;

- state of the art shopping;

- best keyboard on playbook when I use it away from docking station;

- Microsoft software support (continued or expanded);

- after 20 + years of patchwork OS frustration, and dumbed down devices,  I would like a functional replacement; and I am willing to pay. 

Please use plain text.
Super Contributor
godot2011
My Device: PlayBook 32GB and PlayBook 16GB
My Carrier: DCI Telecom

PANTONYROD wrote:

Firstly I would like to pay $25 to $75 because it would be worth it for one year of OS upgrades. Plus extra $75 ~ $100, for state of the art docking station; What I would like is the following:

- state of the art ASR - automatic speech recognition;

- docking station which enables me to replace my laptop with the Playbook;  so the docking station would include USB outlets for printer, traditional keyboard, scanner; storage like microSD or USB; SIM card right in the docking station, like Huawei "rocket stick" and/or continued BB phone supplied Internet connection; HDMI one way or the other;

- universal input device (keyboard and array of microphones) which connects to the docking station; should accept all scripts;

- best system or approach to replacing the laptop; so need variety of methods to print but USB is pretty basic, right?;

- state of the art mapping, transit, navigation;

- state of the art shopping;

- best keyboard on playbook when I use it away from docking station;

- Microsoft software support (continued or expanded);

- after 20 + years of patchwork OS frustration, and dumbed down devices,  I would like a functional replacement; and I am willing to pay. 

Your comments are hilarious!  And funny.  20+ years of tigers in a cage! Are you referring to the Radio Shack color computer? 

Of course the solution of your problem is a Windows device. 

Cheers and enjoy the ride.:Yes:

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
kwkowalski
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: Rogers

I am a huge Blackberry fan, Torch for work, Z10 for personal, 2 Playbooks (original + 4G).... so Blackberry needs to step up and release the BB10 for the Playbook - they are just not as much fun without the bridge working.....

Ken.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
vinsy1694
My Device: Playbook

I feel it would be awesome if we had the option to make the playbook dual boot (tablet OS and BlackBerry10)

Please use plain text.
Developer
Innovatology
My Device: Playbook, Z10, Q10, Z30 with Files & Folders and Orbit of course

PlayBooks Tablet OS is a subset of BB10. Why dual boot?

Files & Folders, the unified file & cloud manager for PlayBook and BB10 with SkyDrive, SugarSync, Box, Dropbox, Google Drive, Google Docs. Free 3-day trial! - Jon Webb - Innovatology - Utrecht, Netherlands
Please use plain text.
andyn1332
My Device: PlayBook
My Carrier: Telus

I've been following the BB10 for PB discussion closely. I'm not bitter or annoyed, I just want to express my position in the event RIM is listening.

I have been impressed with the cost/quality factor of my PB and love the size. Previously I was a Win/Mo guy and now my phone is Android. So I am now in the position of a school principal move in September and will need to make my selection by then. 

Not knowing whether my PB will get BB10 makes me very hesitant to cross over to a BB phone. I like my Android phone, but not the tablets. I am leaning toward an IPhone mated with the IPad mini. Of course a Samsung Note may be the simple answer.

Long and short, patience isn't an option for me when it comes to work requirements. So, you have 4 to 6 weeks before I have to make my choice. Hope you can get things figured out by then.

Please use plain text.