Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Eagles146
My Device: PlayBook Tablet
My Carrier: AT&T

BlackBerry Desktop Software cannot communicate with the connected device ERROR

When I plug my tablet into my computer, by computer recognized my tablet. BlackBerry Desktop Software opens and launches. In the bottom right hand corner of the window it says it is connecting. Then after a few minutes I get an error screen: "BlackBerry Desktop Software cannot communicate with the connected device". It references, if the device is rebooting or has a dead batter, click Retry to attempt to reconnect one the device reboots. If clicking Retry doesn't connect the device, or the device isn't rebooting with a charged battery, you might need to update your BlackBerry Tablet OS to correct the problem. My OS is up to date. I am running Windows 8 on my laptop. Any other solutions/suggestions would be helpful.
Please use plain text.
Elite II
BillJ
My Device: BlackBerry Z30
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: BlackBerry Desktop Software cannot communicate with the connected device ERROR

When such an issue arises with a BlackBerry phone, I suggest following the steps in the following article:

www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB10144

It might worth a shot with your PlayBook as well.  Keep us posted on your progress.  :smileyhappy:

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.

Please use plain text.
Super Contributor
sarah75
My Device: Playbook

Re: BlackBerry Desktop Software cannot communicate with the connected device ERROR

Good luck getting the battery out.

Your problem is windows of which 8 is the worst.   If I were you I would ignore usb and use wifi file sharing. 

http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB26068

Sarah.
Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor III
rat-7
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 + Z30 + Playbook 64
My Carrier: Rogers

Try BlackBerry Link, it works better than BBDS for all the QNX based device like PlayBook, Z10, Q10, Q5

---------------------------------------------
Using the Playbook and the Z10 and the Z30 and loving them

Martin
Please use plain text.