Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Contributor
Angela2BPecked
My Device: BlackBerry Torch 9800

BlackBerry PlayBook Browser Randomly Crashing

My BlackBerry PlayBook browser keeps randomly crashing, I am sure mine is not the only one doing this!

Contributor
Angela2BPecked

Re: BlackBerry PlayBook Browser Randomly Crashing

BUMP 

I would greatly appreciate a response! 

Please and Thank You!

Forums Veteran I
aandras
My Device: Z10 & Playbook

Try going into thre option menu and clearing the cache. Swipe down from the top bezel and select settings. Clear all.
Be a Shepard and not an iSheep.
Contributor
Angela2BPecked

I've already cleared my cache multiple times and it still keeps happening.

JemUber
My Device: Playbook OS2 Bold 9700

I have this same problem. I clear my cache and it still happens. I now make it a habit to check my available RAM prior to browsing and only using 1 tab to hope that it happens but now the browser is basically unusable. If this was new I would return it. It is that frustrating. Also I receive zero support from BB regarding this. No quick fix or promise for a fix soon. I've tried to stay loyal to the brand but I've got my foot in the Android door. I'm due for a new phone in June and if there is not a satisfactory solution I will be jumping ship with my mobile and tablet and both will wind up on eBay. 

New Contributor
kbz1960
My Device: Torch 9850 - PlayBook

There is a bug. You should see the reports on crackberry.com. 

Hope RIM can at least fix this soon. 

New Developer
bearmarket
My Device: Playbook

Your not the only one.  Did you call support and report it?  I have, unfortunately when replying to the email they send it gets ignored by RIMM.

Contributor
cbvinh
My Device: Torch 9850, Playbook 16 GB

To help debug this:

1.  Can you repeat the crash repeatedly for a specific website?  If so, which website?  It will help the debug team if multiple people can confirm the same result.

2.  Have you tried turning OFF Javascript?  (load the browser, swipe down from the top, select the Gear to get to Browser Settings, the Content, then Enable Javascript OFF).  Now try the website.

3.  Have you tried turning OFF Flash?  (load the browser, swipe down from the top, select the Gear to get to Browser Settings, then Content, then Enable Flash OFF).  Now try the website.

Steps 2 and 3 will isolate the problem to either Javascript and Flash.  Report what you find here or in the browser incompatibility thread.

New Contributor
kbz1960
My Device: Torch 9850 - PlayBook

It's usually just surfing crackberry and maybe yahoo webmail but has happened at different times. There is a thread on that other forum where a member has some url's that will make the browser go poof and some work with java script off and some with flash off. Java script seems to be the one that triggers it the most.

The member has submitted the list to RIM.

New Developer
bearmarket
My Device: Playbook

Website creating issue: Wall Street Journal. (only other websites viewed before crash facebook & schwab.com). After crash went directly to WSJ site and crashed again Flash disabled Also the Blackberry Support site dropped my sign-on. Not sure why only cache and local storage have been cleared. Btw, would be nice to have option to remove individual cookies.