Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Contributor
Mythoscholar
My Carrier: N/A
Accepted Solution

BlackBerry PlayBook is Frozen, has Crashed, or is Hung up at a screen.

There is an interesting and useful tip for all of those people who run too many applications at once only to find their PlayBook frozen. To perform a soft reset hold down the Power key and volume up key together for ten seconds or until the PlayBook shuts off. If this does not work then perform a Hard Reset by holding the power , volume up and volume down keys all together until the PlayBook shuts off.

This technique can resolve most non-software related issues with your PlayBook as well. Remember, Watch How Many Tasks You Run At One Time!!!!!!!!

Et nos fulgebunt sicut lux in tenebris.

Disclaimer: These Posts are the opinions of myself and not those of my employer.
Please use plain text.
JSanders
Solutions: 5,756
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: BlackBerry PlayBook is Frozen, has Crashed, or is Hung up at a screen.

Both good tips... and they've both been recommended dozens of times in this Playbook forum: :smileywink:

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
Contributor
Mythoscholar

Sorry, I just post what comes to mind about the PlayBook. I work with these devices all day but if you have any other advice regarding the forum, let me know! Thanks.

Disclaimer: These Posts are the opinions of myself and not those of my employer.
Please use plain text.
JSanders

Mythoscholar wrote:

Sorry, I just post what comes to mind about the PlayBook. I work with these devices all day but if you have any other advice regarding the forum, let me know! Thanks.

Certainly, advice: Learn to use the search function at the top right.

It's a beautiful thing!

Again, welcome to the Forums.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!

Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
Contributor
Mythoscholar

BlackBerry Website

Just wondering when the BlackBerry Web Design team is going to update the PlayBook updates site under PlayBookGettingStarted for 1.0.6.

Please use plain text.
JSanders

Re: BlackBerry Website

Good question, but since this is a user-to-user community support forum, it would be rare that you'll get any official answer here. You might, but rare.

Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
Contributor
Mythoscholar

PlayBook Issues that need correcting

All in all the PlayBook is a nifty device but what's holding it back are the basic tools the standard business man ( or woman) needs to complete their assignments. I need RIM to see this message as well as any developer interested in correcting this.

So, no native email, native video streaming, no Bluetooth Headset Profile, No animated backgrounds, Limited on Games, No native Organizer. There is also no task manager, no file organization system, no native IT policies (they have to be imported from the smartphone and those IT policies just govern connections to the smartphone). The browser has no option between WAP and HTML browsers (though this option was available on the original OS). Basic Apps that people can't do without are not available yet, such as Hulu, Skype, Netflix, Twitter, Tumblr, and, of course, Angry Birds. <----[Seriously]

I have no real complaints about the Hardware except for the small Power Button and ridiculous serial number placement. The last issue is GPS. It may not seem significant to the average person but some applications like Layar, Bing Maps, Google Earth, and FourSquare either don't function well or at all without this tiny device.

I understand that the device will be supporting Android Apps later on this summer but that is no excuse for the poor line up of staring applications or functionality. To be frank, it is like starting with a revamped arduino board with a touchscreen and locked kernel.

Do not mistake me for someone who hates the device, I love its design and its sleek and simple OS, but this is not a report on the PlayBook it is a plea to those who could fix it. You the Developers and You, the Research in Motion Programming Team. I and the customers are counting on you.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Mythoscholar

Addendum

They also need native Outlook for businesses.

Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
grissom
My Carrier: nada

Re: PlayBook Issues that need correcting

i love my playbook too, no matter how many negative comments i make. and just about everyone knows android player is on its way. with all the things i cant do on my playbook, i still grab for it more than i do my galaxy tab, which is an amazing product btw, the design of the playbook is so beautiful, and i think the weight distribution keeps me coming back for more! with this new update one strange thing has happened though, when i go to bridge files/playbook/pictures, i get pictures that i had in my blackberry tour months ago, that are no longer in my tour, email pics, camera pics, and of course when you "open" a pic, you are shuffled to pictures app, and those pictures arent there, some of these pictures are private, and there really ought to be a way to delete these pics without usb"ing". and i know....i know....things will come together in time(hopefully), but truth be told travel with both my tablets, PB to net with because as far as i can tell BB got the internet portion down like nobodys business, but when i need actual utilities, and true productivity, i grab my plastic tab. EVERYTHING can be fixed on this playbook. BTW I LOVE LOVE LOVE THE LITTLE OFF BUTTON ON TOP!!!!!! i guess most people pick up their tablet the same way everytime....me, i dont. and there is nothing so frustrating than to write up all my engineering specs throughout my building for 8 to 12 hrs just to have all erased because i picked up my tablet, and pressed the power button at the same time. did that with my tab several times, and still to this day it happens. but as i was saying everything can be fixed on this handsome thing other than the absence of a flash for the camera....that was a bummer. keep plugging away RIMM!!!
From an Apple or Android device
Please use plain text.
Contributor
Mythoscholar

How to Register for your Complimentary 90 days of Support

In order to qualify for support for your BlackBerry PlayBook, you will need to register for support. To do so, navigate to www.blackberry.com/playbookgettingstarted and select your country. Then select contact support. Down towards the bottom of the page you should see a box that says Direct Support for BlackBerry PlayBook Tablet. Under this you will see a box to enter your tablet's serial number. After entering this, you will follow the steps on the screen for registering for support. The support starts the moment the device is first connected to the Internet NOT when you first register online. I know it's a little confusing but I don't make the rules, I just report on them.

Please use plain text.