Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

JSanders
Solutions: 5,950
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: BlackBerry PlayBook is Frozen, has Crashed, or is Hung up at a screen.

auntyval wrote:
This solved my problem - thanks Blackberry Support. So glad I found you!

You're welcome, good luck!

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
Oliviaccs
My Device: playbook

when i turn my blackberry tablet on it stays on the homescreen that says 'blackberry' and then stays like that, now and again it turns itself off and then on again and still stays the same, ihave tried holding down power button and volume button together and it switches off but when it comes back on nothings changed?
Please use plain text.
Contributor
auntyval
My Device: Blackberry Playbook 16GB

The advice I received was to hold down both volume buttons (up + down ) plus on/off button for 10 seconds. My tablet then came 'back to life'!  Try it and see if it works for you. Good luck. 

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
tenthline
My Device: Playbook and Curve 9360

My playbook froze when I changed the font size of a downloaded manual. I tried restarting and the screen went blank and I couldn't power it back on. Your soft reset didn't work but the HArd Reset did. Thanks a lot.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
auntyval

Hi. Thanks for your message. I'm so pleased to have been useful! Best wishes.......

Please use plain text.
theshinyman
My Device: Playbook

I've never been a member of any forum anywhere. I'm glad I joined this one and thrilled I found your post.

It REALLY saved my bacon! Thank you. :Clap:

Please use plain text.
Contributor
auntyval

So glad that the advice I was given has been helpful to you too!

Best wishes

Please use plain text.
Contributor
perryy
My Device: Playbook

Pls help. I downloaded the latest playbook OS and as I was on the installing stage , I got an error message that the installation process has been interrupted. I tried this for about 5 times and I then decided to wipe the tab and start the process again. But I was wrong, the problem continued and I was unable to update d playbook. When it failed again for another 4 times, I was forced to click on the update later that pop up on the screen during the update and I'm now left with just the browser on my screen. Any help pls?
Please use plain text.
JSanders
Solutions: 5,950
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

You need to follow these instructions to "debrick" your PlayBook:
1. Do a backup of your PlayBook using your computer and BlackBerry Desktop Software version 7 installed. It can be downloaded from http://us.blackberry.com/apps-software/desktop/
2. After the backup is finished, unplug the PlayBook and on the PlayBook press and hold down the power button until the unit forces the device off.
3. With the Desktop Software still open on your computer and the PlayBook powered off, connect the PlayBook to your computer once again.
4. You should see an error screen from Desktop Software popup with the options to Retry, Update, or Cancel.
Very quickly choose the Update option.
5. All information will on your PlayBook will be erased and a reload of the Software will commence to install on the PlayBook.
6. Once this is complete your PlayBook will go back through the initial (as if new) setup wizard (entering the BlackBerryID, etc., and then you can perform a restore using Desktop Software to return your personal data from the backup. Applications which you downloaded from AppWorld won't restore, but they can be easily reinstalled using AppWorld > MyWorld section of AppWorld.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.