Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

New Contributor
Aloof
My Device: Blackberry Playbook

BlackBerry PlayBrick 2.0 - Clock App, Apps don't quit or start, App World suggestion

[ Edited ]

Hey,

You might think whatever you want about the 2.0 update, I for myself do not use most of its features (no IMAP folder support in mail, calendar syncing half-baked) and I would not care, IF the update did not break my existing experience.

First the clock app is broken, I am sure that if you read the forums you heard about the issue. No clocks show up until you add a new clock (even though other clocks existed before), then on swiping they flicker around a bit and dissapear again. On restart of the app, all clocks are hidden again and you have to repeat the process of adding a new clock - thanks but no.

Second, I do not know what happened to the OS but I can reproductively brick my Playbook just using the dashboard. First, very often (3-5 times a week), if you have lots of applications running and among them the browser, sometimes it happens that the apps crash and do not QUIT. That means that their application icon does not return to its normal state, it just stays faded out, as if it was launching. This simultaneously hinders me at starting any new app. There is no way out of this, other than to restart. This never happened in 1.x. 

Another easy way to brick the Playbook is to create folders. Sometimes the dragging animation to create a folder just does not stop and you get stuck. The dashboard is dead again and you have to restart.

To continue the list that worked and now don't:

Deleting videos does not delete them (they are back up on next restart - for example the pre-installed hi-def demo or videos in deeper folders than the default video folder)

Copy and pasting does not work consistently with all input fields out there.

Some xvid videos suddenly do not play sound.

I would also suggest that you finally fix the disk space issue, when you try to update a large app and it fails to install due to insufficient  space without warning you. Then you not only have to reinstall, but REDOWNLOAD the whole app. Have fun with 650MB games.

So that's it. BlackBerry obviously does not test its releases sufficiently. :-/ Sad but true. 

Please use plain text.