Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

New Contributor
chaalie
My Device: BlackBerry Tablet
My Carrier: BlackBerry Tablet
Accepted Solution

BlackBerry Playbook Video Playing Problem

Hello BB fans,

I have a problem with my video playing on the playbook. I have synced an MP4 video file, but when I play the video on my playbook it freezes or sometimes stays on one frame but the background sound is still running. I have no idea how to fix this problem.. I played the video on my computer and it runs fine, no problem. But when I play it on my tablet it just freezes on me. I've used both"blackberry desktop software" and "my computer"  to transfer the video file but it still doesn't work. Could somebody tell me a solution or perhaps what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks, Charlie. 

Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran I
aandras
My Device: Z10 & Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon Wireless

Re: BlackBerry Playbook Video Playing Problem

try to make sure you have nothing else running.
Be a Shepard and not an iSheep.
Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
CCpotter
My Device: 8900/playbook
My Carrier: CMM

That's the problem of your mp4 file, this happens a lot to me when i play a avi file on computer, the voice and then picture just not in-phase.
You have to download or get a new video and then try to convert it to mp4 by yourself, i have been doing this since i found a good free mp4 video converter.
You can try it from download.cnet http://download.cnet.com/leawo-free-mp4-converter/3000-2194_4-10898354.html?tag=mncol;1
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
chaalie

Thank you so much! I thought I was really out of luck! Lets hope this solution works! I just downloaded the program and right now it is currently converting. I hope this will make my day. >.<" My fingers are crossed. Thanks again!

Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
CCpotter
My Device: 8900/playbook
My Carrier: CMM

My pleasure, if you have any other problem with this, you can leave a message in this thread and i will come back and check it out once in a while

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
chaalie

It works! WOOT. Thanks again, you've made my day! :smileyvery-happy: And I will if I have any other problems! ^_^ YESSSSSSS!!~~
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
nnadkarni
My Device: Curve 9300
My Carrier: Vodafone Essar

Apparently there is an option to play videos, photos, music and other compatible files stored on your phone, which can be viewed on the playbook via bridge.

I have tried this with Photos.....and works flawlessly...by using "switch between screens" option when my phone is "bridged" to my playbook. So now there is no need to copy files on to my playbook. I have tried this with music stored on my phone....and it plays flawlessly on my playbook.

However, when it comes to videos, i can neither see an option to use the "switch between screen" option nor can i use playbook's built in file manager to see the files. Music and photos can be seen and opened from this built in file manager.

I have checked the format of the videos (including audio encoding) and are compatible with playbook (the same video plays when i copy it onto my playbook from my computer).

Can you help in getting this to work??

Help is much much appreciated...Thanks!!

If we manage to work this out....then we can (for all practical purposes) expand playbook's storage capacity from (highest) 64GB by another 32GB (highest capacity SD card on phone)!!!....and i feel an add-on 32GB space is a "too cool" to have!!!
Please use plain text.