Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

New Contributor
TSP001
My Device: Playbook

BlackBerry Playbook: "ID Agreement" Unable to continue. -Solution

[ Edited ]

Today, after the purchase of my BlackBerry Playbook, I couldn't wait to get started, as for everyone else that has purchased one since the release date. But, as for me and everyone else who purchased one, I'm sure you have ran into the issue, that the Playbook doesn't continue during the "ID Agreement" screen. Even though you are showing to be connected to your Wireless Network.

Even though it was a little disappointed that didn't work right away, I still wasn't going to give up. After looking around and connecting/disconnecting multiple times, I still couldn't get past that screen. So, to get straight to the solution or at least what worked for me right away.

Solution:

After multiple attempts of Connecting/Disconnecting, I noticed that the Playbook was at least finding the Wireless network, so I knew it couldn't be a hardware issue, but instead a Software issue. So, instead I manually added the Playbook to my Router via it's MAC Address.

* Make sure your Wireless Network is on and Broadcasting. (Unless hidden)

- On your PC/MAC Open your Web Browser.

• Type in the address bar your IPv4 Default Gateway. (ex: 192.168.1.1)
  • Login using your Router Username/Password.

*Note: Default username/password is admin/admin. (See your router MFG for username/password)

• Under "Wireless Settings" locate "Wireless Card Access List".
  • Click on "Add".
  • Go back to your Playbook, and scroll back to your "Connect to Wi-Fi" screen.
  • Click on the "Settings" button located on the Left hand corner.
  • On the drop menu select " Network Connection".
  • Go back to your Router Setup page.
  • Add the Device name. (ex: BB Playbook)
  • In the "Network Connection" screen in your Playbook type the MAC Address shown at the bottom, in your Router Setup page . (ex: E1:2E:B3:F4:F5:6D)
  • Click "Add". (*Wait for Router to restart)
  • After router has restarted. Go back to your " Connect To Wi-Fi" page in your Playbook and connect to your Wireless SSID (if hidden, connect Manually to the Network).

Test connection by selecting "Hotspot Setup" on the lower left hand corner next to the "Settings" button. A Blackberry Logo and "Successfully connected to Wireless Network message" will appear.

• Continue to the "ID Agreement".
  • Done!

Again, these steps worked for me immediately after Manually adding the MAC Address to my Wireless Router. Hopefully it works the same for the rest.

Thank You!

Please use plain text.