Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

JSanders
Solutions: 5,881
My Device: Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

BlackBerry Playbook upgrade OS v1.0.5.2304 introduces a variety of new features and enhancements

[ Edited ]

From the Inside BlackBerry Blog:

a new BlackBerry® Tablet OS update is now available! BlackBerry Tablet OS v1.0.5 introduces a variety of new features and enhancements...

• Facebook
  • In-Apps Payment Support
  • Charging and Battery Pop-up (charging when powered off)
  • Additional Language Support:
  • Video Chat Connectivity
  • Wi-Fi Hotspot Detection
  • Headset Audio Boost

Head over to the Inside BlackBerry Blog for more details of the changelog on this upgrade. 

What features or changes are you seeing added in this update?

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
BankDelen
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: Proximus

Re: BlackBerry Playbook upgrade OS v1.0.5.2304 introduces a variety of new features and enhancements

[ Edited ]

BlackBerry Tablet OS v1.0.5 now alerts you if you are using an incorrect charger with your BlackBerry PlayBook tablet. For example, if you accidentally plug a BlackBerry smartphone charger into the BlackBerry PlayBook tablet you will now receive an alert on the screen to let you know that this charger will not charge your tablet.

Just tested it! you will be able to charge with some european charges... not all

Regards

Alex

Please use plain text.
Contributor
treborsf
My Device: Torch 9850 + Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: BlackBerry Playbook upgrade OS v1.0.5.2304 introduces a variety of new features and enhancements

Facebook?

Someone shoot me in the head now for buying this thing.

Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

[ Edited ]

treborsf wrote:

Facebook?

:Detective:

FaceBook is a leading social media need, maybe not for you, but is needed by many as it is one of the hottest things going on.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 5.0.4 and BES 10.2.2 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2008

Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
mleckman
My Device: curve
My Carrier: Telus

facebook may be important to SOME, but in the corporate world its called "productivity drain". this is an enterprise device and none of my execs care even the slightest about facebook, but they care about sharepoint and spellcheck.
Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
chrispycrunch
My Device: Z10, Playbook 32GB
My Carrier: Rogers

Facebook is a must-have app for consumers. Same with foursquare and twitter (paid app only. native app not available). Facebook has good navigation but I sometimes prefer accessing the site on the browser.
-----------
Chris --- http://www.twitter.com/chrispycrunch
-----------
Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
osanders
My Device: playbook
My Carrier: Sprint

I too was not excited about the facebook upgrade but the other enhancements are nice. I'd like to see a Linked app.
Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor III
rat-7
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 + Z30 + Playbook 64
My Carrier: Rogers

I just discovered a new thing with the upgrade, I had plug my Playbook to my comp[uter to try the back-up (which still is not working for the application data), the  power level was at 90%, and while the Playbook was plugged to the computer the first thing I knew the power was back to 100%

It can now CHARGE while using an USB port

---------------------------------------------
Using the Playbook and the Z10 and the Z30 and loving them

Martin
Please use plain text.
Developer
cas118
My Device: Z30 / PlayBook 64GB
My Carrier: Virgin Mobile UK

What is not mentioned is the memory improvements. There seems to be about 150MB more RAM available when idle, which suggests that there has been a lot of work 'under the bonnet'.

This will hopefully put to rest the memory leak and browser quit issues that we've experienced.

I guess that's it for this month. This was clearly to prepare for the EU release with additional language support. I was banking on this to be the 'see, I told you so' update - but it isn't.

It is nice, but I expected more UI flesh.

Follow me on Twitter1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Please use plain text.
Visitor
egasber
My Device: playbook
My Carrier: verizon

Same here. A spell check that catches errors, but doesn't provide options for correcting the error? Seriously?
Please use plain text.