Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Contributor
My Device: blackberry 9700
My Carrier: T- mobile

Re: BlackBerry Playbook upgrade OS v1.0.5.2304 introduces a variety of new features and enhancements

i like the standby feature

Trusted Contributor
My Device: Bold 9900 & Playbook

Re: BlackBerry Playbook upgrade OS v1.0.5.2304 introduces a variety of new features and enhancements

yes, the usb charging is nice.

the newly freed up memory is excellent. that was one of the first things I checked - at start up I see ~650MB free.

and my long standing issues - auto screen lock not working and back up not working - are also resolved!!!

and they even added a swipe down menu on the facebook app - like all good playbook apps are supposed to have!

thank you very much, rim! and now onto the email client... :smileyhappy:

Contributor
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: BlackBerry Playbook upgrade OS v1.0.5.2304 - editing attachments within Bridge

Does the new update allow you to edit documents within Bridge? 

Regular Contributor
My Device: Torch 9800 + Playbook 64GB
My Carrier: Mobily

love the update its cool
Contributor
My Device: storm 2 9550, Playbook
My Carrier: verizon

I did notice that in Appworld there is a new Blackberry icon in the top left corner when you click on an app. I am guessing they will use that as an indicator of whether an app is a native Blackberry app or a native Android app when the Android sandbox comes online.
Trusted Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

new with this upgrade?
Seeing notifications about app upgrades in top left corner.
Also a thin red corner border top left.... think this was on when bridged in the past but have seen it when not bridged.
I don't have any absolute data but just feels a bit slower. Anyone else feel that is true?
Trusted Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

bridge stopped working after upgrade. icons have color, and message counter is accurate, but none of the bridge apps work
Regular Contributor

bbm notification icon shows there is a new chat but there is not even if i read all chats and even if delete all chat the notification icon still there !!!!!!!!!
Regular Contributor
My Device: playbook
My Carrier: Sprint

I used mine so much yesterday with the new upgrade it did get slow at a point and my bridge icons disappeared. I did a reboot and all was back to normal. I have noticed the battery life seems to have increased.

I still would like to see more compatible apps between the phones and the playbook. Being able to access files from the phone while bridged would be nice.
Regular Contributor

i solve it by restarting my smartphone