Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Regular Contributor
osanders
My Carrier: Sprint

Re: BlackBerry Playbook upgrade OS v1.0.5.2304 introduces a variety of new features and enhancements

Last week I noticed my phones bluetooth indicator was staying on after being bridged and bluetooth turned off. Looks like the upgrades have cleared it up.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
Proton2
My Carrier: none

Re: BlackBerry Playbook upgrade OS v1.0.5.2304 introduces a variety of new features and enhancements

I notice with the upgrade that when using the videos app, when I play a video then return to the video list screen, I am brought back to the location I was last at, instead of having to scroll through the list again. I have a lot of videos, most of them Microsoft Developer Network Channel 9 videos, and a few Sponge Bob videos for the down time :-)

Please use plain text.
Contributor
djdimages
My Carrier: verizon

I noticed a new version of bridge yesterday with my phone....has everyone checked appworld on their phone?
Please use plain text.
Contributor
TUKUMAN
My Carrier: Rogers

I'm quite impress by the great improvements on the new OS up date, Certainly there is a lot work to do but at least it worthy the wait, and is just a matter of time for this device to become the most powerful table out there, well done RIM...:Clap:

Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Re: BlackBerry Playbook upgrade OS v1.0.5.2304 - editing attachments within Bridge

Ozonation wrote:

Does the new update allow you to edit documents within Bridge? 

I was able to on my Torch and a Bold 9700 last night with both excell and word.. And was able to save with a different name to the Micro SD card too. Took a while for the file list to refresh, but it does work.

I was also able to open Pictures with in bridge on my Micro SD card.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info. SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

No Sleep Till BlackBerry 10, A BlackBerry Song by Lil E Click here to listen

See me at BlackBerry Fans Get Hands-On BlackBerry 10 Demo

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
osanders

Re: BlackBerry Playbook upgrade OS v1.0.5.2304 - editing attachments within Bridge

How did you get the pics to open in Bridge? I just tried and was glad to see the files on my phone now show but when I click on any of them it pulls up the pics saved to the playbook.

Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

went to bridge files, click on phone icon on top, click on BlackBerry folder, camera folder, highlight picture file name and choose open on bottom.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info. SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ

Please use plain text.
Contributor
celler
My Carrier: Verizon

jakeh wrote:

i like the standby feature

Can you explain this in more detail.  Are you referring to a forced standy using something other than the power switch on top?

Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
osanders

Just what I have done but something is not working right on mine. I can see the pic files on my phone but when I choose one to open it brings up the pic folder on my playbook.

Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope

click on battery icon and then click on yellow icon to put into stanby with the OS 1.0.5 on playbook

Please use plain text.