Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Trusted Contributor
LuayS
My Device: BlackBerry Bold 9700 // BlackBerry Playbook

Re: BlackBerry Playbook upgrade OS v1.0.5.2304 introduces a variety of new features and enhancements

This update is a huge improvement. I would like to see autocapitalize at beginning of sentences, spell check built into entire system (apps included). The ability to create folders, i would like to be able to move the bridge icons when bridge isnt active or they should auto-hide when bridge isnt connected. i would also like to view my pictures and music on my playbook that are located on my bb phone.
Trusted Contributor
MiataMike
My Device: Not Specified

Re: BlackBerry Playbook upgrade OS v1.0.5.2304 introduces a variety of new features and enhancements

quirky browser after upgrade.
very touchy screen and now difficult to hold spot and select "open in new tab" option Also pinch motion often shuts down browser.
Developer
navikun
My Device: Blackberry Tour

Has anyone else noticed better battery life? it was only the first night but I didn't have to recharge this morning. Hopefully it is not reporting incorrectly :Sweatdrop:

Regular Contributor
osanders
My Device: playbook

I have noticed the battery life is better
Contributor
djdimages
My Device: storm 2 9550, Playbook

Agreed...battery life is better...looks like an under the cover fix
Regular Contributor
osanders
My Device: playbook

The brightness dimming feature on the battery indicator helps alot also.
New Contributor
RollsOfQuarters
My Device: PlayBook

As far as I can tell, Bing Maps (still) doesn't work very well, can't find your location.  Google Maps seems to have been improved, can find your location, but still way less good than and iPhone.

New Contributor
RollsOfQuarters
My Device: PlayBook

Certainly agree that I was hoping for more. Unless you know that the RAM improvements were targeted at the memory leak(s) and browser quit problems, it sounds like wishful thinking, but I hope you are right anyway.
Contributor
djdimages
My Device: storm 2 9550, Playbook

I am happy with the changes to the bridge browser software with the new release. My photography site which didn't previously work is working now. I no longer need to use the mobile version but the full featured version which will help with mobile clients. kudos!
Trusted Contributor
LuayS
My Device: BlackBerry Bold 9700 // BlackBerry Playbook

Does anyone else have a problem with poynt working? It won't detect my location making it absolutely useless. This was true before I even updated.