Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

New Contributor
MarStep
My Device: Blackberry Playbook 16GB

BlackBerry Playbook will not charge OR come on ?

Hi.

I have been using my BB Plybk alot lately .  There has been no problem til today.

I plugged it in to recharge it, and the red light wouldn't indicate it was actively charging .. nor would the tablet come on when the on/off button was depressed.

This did happen to me about 18 months ago when I was still under warranty and I had been told to (I think) hold down the ends of the 'volume up/volume down' buttons at the same time.  I did that, and, POOF on came the PlyBk.  I am assuming those were the 2 buttons I was to depress .. good memory, but short  :-(

The Plybk is adult used only and well cared for .. just so odd it would up and stop working.

Makes me feel usless as I only have the 3 buttons to fiddle with.

Any SIMPLY STATED answers appreciated, I'm a nurse, not an IT tech  :-)

Thanks bunches

MarStep

When the world learns the POWER of LOVE and, forgets the LOVE of POWER, only then will there be peace.
Super Contributor
swotam
My Device: Z10

Re: BlackBerry Playbook will not charge OR come on ?

You can try to reset your Playbook as follows:

Hold down the volume up key, volume down key, and power button at the same time and hold it for about 15 seconds.

If that doesn't help, it's probably dead and will need to be serviced or replaced.
----------
BESX 5.0.4, SQL 2008, Exchange 2010 SP2 RU4a
New Contributor
MarStep
My Device: Blackberry Playbook 16GB

Re: BlackBerry Playbook will not charge OR come on ?

Thanks so much, I'll give it a go.

Weird thing is, got up this morning, pressed the button, on it came, but, the battery is 100% empty, so. I have plugged it in to charge, AND, the charging light is on .... strange days indeed ..

However, if, after a few hours it still seems 'pooched'. I'll do the button thing.

Thanks again

~M~

When the world learns the POWER of LOVE and, forgets the LOVE of POWER, only then will there be peace.