Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Contributor
Ardbeggordon
My Device: Z10 , Playbook 64GB

Re: BlackBerry Technical Solution Center Knowledgebase Articles: Blackberry Playbook

Hi Bifocals,

He's so stunned he's posted at least 5 times i can see on this Forum and on another i visit.......

Guru I
Bifocals
My Device: Torch 9850/ Playbook
My Carrier: VerizonWireless

Re: BlackBerry Technical Solution Center Knowledgebase Articles: Blackberry Playbook

Hi Ardbeggordon and welcome to the forums!

Thanks for the info I hadn't realized the issue had already been addressed.

I wouldn't use the sign/note function if it existed. The only thing worse than my eyesight is my penmanship!

I'm always amazed by how differently each user operates and relies upon the various Blackberry device functions.

I remember reading a post by a Storm user who was completely outraged over the fact that the device didn't change time zones automatically. He was demanding that RIM address the issue immediately and expected to be able to return the device for repair the next day. I live in Texas and travel infrequently so I could not understand how this upset him so. It took four posts before he mentioned he was a  commercial jet pilot for  Continental Air.  :Oops:

It always takes the developers awhile to catch up with new OS's like QNX on the Playbook. I'm very pleased with it, especially since I got the Cowbell app. :Punk:

My 9850 is a great device, it would be a perfect device if I could just get rid of the darn trackpad! :Censored:

Thanks,

Bifocals

Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Follow Bifocals on Twitter

Regular Contributor
cmeagh
My Device: Palybook

Stunned meaning I can't believe that Blackberry "Playbook" can be so far behind in applying technology that has been available for years now and a Company that has tried to position itself to appeal to business people completely misses the target. Their developers must have been paid off by Mac an Ipad or the top Executives at RIM are completely asleep at the switch.

Guru I
Bifocals

[ Edited ]

Hello emeagh,

I simply asked "were you mislead?".

I won't speculate on why you didn't answer because it wouldn't be helpful or fair to you. It's also not helpful or fair to other users patiently waiting to discuss device issues that can be either dealt with or resolved. Lets not waste any more time in resolving thread.

Let's eliminate what we can't help you with first:

1) The sign document/annotate function you require does not exist on the device you selected. You are here.jpg

Well you can't expect any quick fixes. If you can accept that we can help look for available  options.

1) Look for legitimate developers working with RIM on software that will either solve your needs or provide you an alternative solution.

Example: Signature Capture_ Sample Code 

2) Gather any information released from RIM

or their development team about current or planned products that will address your immediate needs. You decide if your interested in direction of the future goals.

Example:  CBC News interview with Alec Saunders  

3) Support your existing device hardware, operating system or desktop software  requirements

Example: 

RSS feed of Blackberry Playbook Technical articles

or

KB05099 Steps to take before selling or after buying a previously owned BlackBerry smartphone

Let us know what you need,

Thanks,

Bifocals

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Regular Contributor
cmeagh

The link to item 1 does not work, but thanks for the effort

Guru I
Bifocals

cmeagh wrote:

The link to item 1 does not work, but thanks for the effort

I repaired the link at 12:52 CST. Thanks for letting me know.

Bifocal

Special thanks to user Ardbeggordon the info you posted taught me a lot!

I can send you some info on what a"Bricklin"  was in trade.

:Rockon:

New Contributor
hci11
My Device: playbook

hi. i can't open word, xl, or pdf attachments onmy playbook while bridged with my BB. any ideas? when i tap on attachment it says downloading but nothing happens when done.

thanks
Regular Contributor
cmeagh

Try turning off your wi-fi on both and try again

Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

[ Edited ]

wow, thats a good find on the signature pad 

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

New Contributor
chrismcilveen
My Device: 9900 and Playbook

Hi there

Many thanks for this. I have recently purchased the playbook and am trying to get it to work with my works 9900, which uses our corporate BES. I am having trouble with the email on the playbook, although I can view and open emails, it wont let me reply, forward, delete, and I cant compose emails on the playbook either. I couldnt find anything specifically referring to this in the soln center, but I just wondered if it was a problem you had come across before?

With many thanks for any light you can shed on this.

Best Regards

Chris