Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Contributor
smdase
My Device: blackberry playbook

Re: BlackBerry Technical Solution Center Knowledgebase Articles: Blackberry Playbook

My charging port it faulty( usb port) pls i need help,its an hard ware problem.
Regular Contributor
VolvoBerry
My Device: BB PB 64Gb (Two) & Bold 9900 / Curve 9360

Re: BlackBerry Technical Solution Center Knowledgebase Articles: Blackberry Playbook

[ Edited ]

Hello "SMDASE"...

Your statement "My charging port is faulty" is extremely broad! For how long do you have the PB? When the "charging port" fault first occured? Was it sudden or progressively stopped working?

One can assume (first hand) that your PB battery is not charging anymore...

If this IS the case, try to eliminate and pinpoint the cause to the root:

* Can you charge using your USB cable (using your computer)?!?

* Can you charge a BB phone using the charger?

* Was (at any time!) the charging port misused/abused?

* Are (were) you using the ORIGINAL PB-BB charger exclusively?!?

If you can charge using the USB cable, your charger would be defective (abused cord, bent pins, broken electrical connection/wire).

If you can charge a BB phone (with the same charger!) then the fault lies within PB... It can be abused port, it can be (again!) loosed connection, dirt/dust or, for not using the ORIGINAL PB-BB charger exclusively... a destroyed (internal) circuitry past, the physical port.

A patient electronics technician would be able to repair it!

And don't be shy to check the box if any of the solutions posted helped in any way...

So much for our time responding!

Good luck, keep us posted!

Contributor
smdase
My Device: blackberry playbook

Tanx alot, but my technician has been on it for over a week now and hasnt been able to make it work,am thinkin of takin it to a blackberry office but thier charges are "expensive" so can you please direct me to any affordable and reliable shop where i can get it repaired, i live in Lagos,Nigeria
Regular Contributor
VolvoBerry

... I'm sorry, I wouldn't know! I am not familiar with mobile phone repair centers in Nigeria (I live in Canada)!

Wish you the best!

New Contributor
she79col
My Device: blackberry playbook tablet

I need help with technical support I need to send my Playbook for repair, I'm lost here on the Forums Please help can't find.

Regular Contributor
VolvoBerry

Re: BB PlayBook Repair (she79col)

Hello...

From your profile I understand that you have the "BB PlayBook" for a while therefore, without extended warranty, RIMM wouldn't be performing a repair.

It would be helpful in your case, (for us to help you!), if you provide your geographical location (as in Country!) not only that you're using the "Internet" (We all do!).

Regards...

New Contributor
she79col

I'm in USA, NJ how I contact support 

Regular Contributor
VolvoBerry

Sorry, what support?!? At RIM?!?

If at RIM, I guess you can call them (the phone No. should be the one for the original "Complimentary" 90 days Support) and ask for an "Authorised Repair Facility".

Otherwise, try to "Google" for "BlackBerry PlayBook Repair in New Jersey"...

Good Luck!

New Contributor
she79col

I guess I can't repair it I'll throw it in the garbage and I won't be bying any more Blackberry producs what a dissapoinment 

New Contributor
ishh_sek
My Device: Blackberry Playbook

Re: Playbook couldn't connect with windows XP

Hey, I have bought my playbook just recently. I'm quite impressed with the product except that my windows-xp isn't able to establish a connection with the device.

I've the drivers and blackberry desktop software installed .. it would recognize the playbook but couldn't establish the connection. I've updated my tablet's OS but still doesn't work. 

I'll appreciate if you can help me here a bit