Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Regular Contributor
hvacdon
My Device: 1. Playbook 32G OS 2.1.0.1314 clean load for work 2. Playbook 32G OS 2.1.0.1314 with sideloaded apps and games 3. Z10

Re: Playbook couldn't connect with windows XP

I have XP and it works. Sometimes need to reboot both computer and tablet. Also un/plug usb a few times.
Please use plain text.
Super Contributor
TroyTempest
My Device: Playbook 32
My Carrier: 3

ishh_sek wrote:

Hey, I have bought my playbook just recently. I'm quite impressed with the product except that my windows-xp isn't able to establish a connection with the device.

I've the drivers and blackberry desktop software installed .. it would recognize the playbook but couldn't establish the connection. I've updated my tablet's OS but still doesn't work. 

I'll appreciate if you can help me here a bit

If its XP home you will have to add full networking and all the netbios stuff in the add windoze features dialog. XP Pro should be OK if it's all turned on.   XP was never intended for full networking, we are talking 10 years ago when we all had usb modems and a candle by the bed. 

________
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
ishh_sek
My Device: Blackberry Playbook
My Carrier: Telus

Thanks for responding..

Ya I've tried rebooting both laptop and tablet. Even updated the tablet's OS. Doesn't work..

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
ishh_sek
My Device: Blackberry Playbook
My Carrier: Telus

How would I do that ..? Apparently its XP home .. since I'm using it on my home computer. It had come preinstalled

Please use plain text.
perapong2534
My Device: Black Berry 10
My Carrier: Nokia

Re: BlackBerry Technical Solution Center Knowledgebase Articles: Blackberry Playbook

Thank you,

Means it not possible to connect internet with sim-card.

Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
VolvoBerry
My Device: BB PB 64Gb (Two) & Bold 9900 / Curve 9360
My Carrier: Fido

Hi...

I just run in the same situation about two weeks ago - and "that" - after successfully using for a year the "Desktop Manager" (for two tablets and two phones). I’m running “XP Pro” at home…

To make the story short, the culprit was the "updated" version of my “Antivirus” preventing the BB to interact with computer; moreover, I had to remove the antivirus from the “Firewalled wireless adapter” to make it work…

Try disconnecting your “Internet” connection (as a precaution, I’ll always do that!) and after doing that “Disable” your “Antivirus” program... See if you have a "Firewalled filter" protected by your Antivirus.

I hope will work… And don't forget to re-set your Antivirus protection - it's the price we all have to pay to avoid "headaches"!

Cheers and Good luck!

(If it helps, let us know!

You can even click ont the "Like" button...

You know?!? It's FREE!)

Please use plain text.
Contributor
MaRichter
My Device: non-blackberry user
My Carrier: t-com

Re: BlackBerry Technical Solution Center Knowledgebase Articles: Blackberry Playbook

Unfortunately I found no final answer: can a sim-card be used, f.e. with surfstick??

Please use plain text.
Contributor
MaRichter
My Device: non-blackberry user
My Carrier: t-com

Hi, I wonder if my WiFi-Playbook has OTG-ability? If so, could I use a special OTG-cable (microUSB-USB) to switch an internet-stick on? If OTG is not possible, do you think it might be managed by a software-update of OS 2.01.... (maybe OS10?)?

Please use plain text.
Super Contributor
TexTucker
My Device: pb
My Carrier: none

[ Edited ]

No, no, and probably no.

My Device: BB PB 64Gb (Two) & Bold 9900 / Curve 9360
My Carrier: Fido

OTG Patent belongs to "Google" (if I'm not mistaken!) therefore... "TaxTucker" is right... (Sorry!)

Cheers...

Please use plain text.