Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Contributor
scottaknight
My Device: Torch 9810 and PlayBook 32G

Re: BlackBerry Technical Solution Center Knowledgebase Articles: Blackberry Playbook

Can anyone at all point me in the right direction for an issue with the native PlayBook calendar? I want to use the local calendar as my default but ever time I invite an attendee it receive a message saying no email account is associated with that calendar. So how do I associate an email with the PlayBook Local calendar? Other issue; since changing my Facebook account from my rocketmail(yahoo) email to my Gmail account I can no longer see Facebook events on the native calendar. No issue with my Torch displaying Facebook events though. I've deleted all acounts and reloaded them to no avail. I'm driving my self crazy. Any assistance would be great! 

Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
VolvoBerry
My Device: BB PB 64Gb (Two) & Bold 9900 / Curve 9360

Re: BlackBerry Technical Solution Center Knowledgebase Articles: Blackberry Playbook

Not really... Network... No way; same if you don't have access to "Wi-Fi"...

...Try to thether through your BB smartphone (if you have one).

Word of caution: Extra charges might be added through your cellular/mobile service provider.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
scottaknight
My Device: Torch 9810 and PlayBook 32G

It appears that my Facebook issue was a matter of time. it took about 12 hours and multiple resets in order ot finally start showing Facebook events.
My PlayBook's Wi-Fi is connected as well as my Torch 9800 being connected through Bridge.
Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
VolvoBerry

:Angel: Not all pilots are the same...

Did e missed a date?!?

And by the way, I DO like your style and postings!

Keep up the good... Writing! (and support!).

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
sivaraman
My Device: RDJ21WW

hi

How to register for county in Play book
Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
VolvoBerry

Hello "sivaraman"...

I assume that you meant "Country"! In this case:

A. It's done at the initial setup or,

B. Access the "Settings" icon (the little gear at the top right of your PlayBook!) and select "Languages"...

For few languages you can select different countries.

If by any chance you want to change your country on your "BlackBerry ID", you'll have to access your ID, select "My profile" and scroll down in "My settings" to "Country.

Let me know if my solution helped!

Cheers!

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
diegopm
My Device: Playbook 32GB / Blackberry Torch

Hi, I have a problem with my Playbook. When I try to open the messages through the bridge, the application won´t open, it will try, but the screen starts blinking.

I backed up, and performed a security wipe. That solved the problem, but when I restored all the applications, the problem started again. Any clues?

If I want to load back all the data and apps to the PB after the security wipe, is there any other way other than the restore function of the BB desktop software?

Tx

Diego

Please use plain text.
Developer
obone
My Device: BlackBerry 9790, BlackBerry PlayBook 64Gb, BlackBerry 10 Dev Alpha

Hi Diego,

Try to uninstall and then install the latest BlackBerry Bridge app on your smartphone.

You can restore all (or only required) apps from BlackBerry AppWorld on your PlayBook. Also you can copy media files to your PlayBook via Wi-Fi or USB.
Respectfully,
Oleg

Developer, QNX RTOS, BlackBerry 10 and PlayBook
Follow me on Twitter (in Russian)
St.Petersburg BlackBerry Dev. Group
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
diegopm
My Device: Playbook 32GB / Blackberry Torch

Tks, Oleg.

I solved it by restoring to and older point. Now works but lost some apps.

I'll try reinstalling the bridge and restore again to the latest point.

Cheers

Diego

Please use plain text.
Contributor
theshawn
My Device: 9780 Bold

This is just an FYI, don't know if it's elsewhere on the forum or not. We had a weird Wi-Fi problem where it was working then just stopped, even though all the settings were correct and other devices in the house connected to the router with no issues. I tried a few things, put the WEP key in numerous times, called our internet provider to get into the router, etc. All the settings were correct and as before, so I just gave up for a couple days.

The only recent changes were I'd downloaded the 2011/2012 combo season of Angry Birds a couple days before the Wi-Fi went out.

Long story short, the wife started playing the Angry Birds game and a few minutes later said "hey the Wi-Fi is back working again" Sure enough, it was back on though all the settings were the same.

So, I have no idea if it was a glitch caused by the game that worked itself out after she restarted the game or just a huge coincidence, but it was strange enough I thought I'd throw it out there.

Your ability to lie to others is only surpassed by your ability to lie to yourself
Please use plain text.