Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

New Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry 9930 & Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

BlackBerry bridged Text Messages issue reading previous message threads...

Has anyone else had the issue of opening the bridged text message on your playbook, and being stuck with the spinning green circle?

What I've tried to get rid of it;

1. Removed bridge connection between phone and playbook.
  2. Uninstalling bridge application.
  3. Restarting both devices,
  4. Creating new bridged connection.

Still get the spinning green circle.  Only way to get it to go away is delete all previous text message threads.  With the text messages clear, the spinning green circle goes away.  However, once conversations get older than the current day, or is just initiated and carried out on the phone without the playbook involved, the spinning green circle comes back.  It appears as though the bridged text is having difficulty syncing the text messaging threads.

Anyone else?  Any possible solutions, I think this new function is incredible, but right now frustrating.

Guru I
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.1.2582; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: AT&T

Re: BlackBerry bridged Text Messages issue reading previous message threads...

I've seen some issues with text messages over bridge when there are email addresses in phone number fields, and vice versa. You might check your address book for problems like that.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
New Contributor

John, thanks for the reply. I have checked the phone number fields, and none contain e-mail addresses. I also checked for unusual characters +, ext, etc, since other posts noted that they would sometime cause issues with messages not organizing under the correct thread. Any of those that I found have been cleaned out.
New Contributor

Interesting development, the spinning green circle appeared again today. However, I noticed that if I erased the text messages I received from the paging service that my work uses, the spinning green circle would disappear and all the text conversations I have on my phone would appear again on my bridged text messages on the playbook. The text service is not in my address book on my phone. This could be the issue. Texts received from senders not contained in your contacts causes an issue with syncing over the bridged text messages on the playbook. Off to test...