Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

New Contributor
CarlosIgnacio747
My Device: BlackBerry Playbook
Accepted Solution

BlackBerry device password

When I try to buy an application from the AppWorld, I´m requested for my Device password but I can´t remember it or recognize the question.

My BB ID works fine. What can I do?

Forums Veteran I
Lost_at_Sea
My Device: PlayBook 64 GB & Torch 9860

Re: BlackBerry device password

App World wants your BlackBerry ID (your email address you used when you signed up, along with your Password you used. If you know your BlackBerry ID, but forget the password, go to the gear setting icon (top right corner) Tap it and on the left side scroll down to BLACKBERRY ID. There will be an Edit Pen showing on the right side of the screen. Check out the options and there should be something there that will help you get another password or something to help you recall your password. Check this out and report back.
New Contributor
CarlosIgnacio747
My Device: BlackBerry Playbook

The problem is when I'm connecting from the laptop. The BB ID is recognized, but next it requests the device password.

I have tried all my passwords and every time I get the answer that is incorrect.

Forums Veteran I
Lost_at_Sea
My Device: PlayBook 64 GB & Torch 9860

You can only buy apps from App World via wifi from your PB or phone. I don't think you can get it over your computer.
Forums Veteran I
jamead1981
My Device: Z10

Do you have a password on your blackberry that locks it when not in use?

If you are trying to install apps via your computer browser you will need to enter your blackberry password in order to unlock it and install the app.