Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Contributor
rbspecht
My Device: Playbook

Re: Blackberry Bridge Connect OK but will not unlock for access to emails etc

I apologize for not replying earlier...been a very hectic week.

Here's what I did:

1.  Backed up the Playbook

2. performed the 'security wipe'

3. reloaded all the apps I wanted to keep using from AppWorld, NOT from the backup files

4. reset all permissions, access points, email accounts by hand, NOT from the backup files

5.  reloaded BBBridge on both phones, and reconnected with the Playbook.

6.  tested connections--SUCCESS!

7. Reloaded media files only from backup.  **bleep**.  Lost my wallpaper.  No longer have the BB out-of-the-box images or video.  Retained all images and vids I created.  Retained all downloaded docs and pdfs.

this is very time consuming, although when you think back even 5 years and what it took to rebuild a PC, this was actually pretty quick...it is all relative.  Now, having said that, it is an onerous enough process in today's world that the client support team I work with has concerns.  They seemed to be pleased that I didn't lose any data, per se, but resetting all the accounts, passwords, security 'stuff' by hand makes them leery of introducing Playbooks into the corporate environment in any number. 

Please use plain text.
Contributor
toddjmorris1
My Device: Torch 9850; PlayBook 16 OS 2.0

I'm guessing the best thing to do in lieu of a fix is to get a back-up when all is well. Then, if the problem recurs, simple recourse might be to back up / copy any newer personal files, restore from last "good" back-up, then reapply any incremental data/files, if needed.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
hokie
My Device: 8900 AT&T

Since I have this problem occur weekly, I'm trying to work out the best method to quickly restore my PlayBook.  I made a backup of the device with all my applications loaded but without activating the Bridge.  Yesterday when the problem creeped up, I loaded the backup and the device seems to be working okay.

I'm going to try making a weekly backup and try restoring from the last known good backup next time.. Problem with going back to the earlier pre-Bridge load is I lose all my bookmarks and additional settings I might make.  I'll also make a backup once the problem occurs and try reloading just the media from that image after restoring the applications and settings from the earlier one.

This is really a pain, and to be honest I'm somewhat disappointed that RIM has not been more aggressive in trying to resolve the issue.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
MRT502
My Device: BB Z10
My Carrier: Vodafone UK

I've Cracked It!

I have had my PB for 2 days and whilst this worked fine to start with, I then found the "Bridge is Locked" loop.  After reading several forums all saying that I had to do a security wipe on either the PB or the BB and not wanting to do either, I decided to do a little investigating on my own and voila! I did it.

First delete the PB from Bridge on the BB.

Second remove ALL bluetooth paired devices from the PB

Third go through the Bridge setup process using the QR code.

All fixed.

I hope this helps others too.

BTW: I have a Bold 9900 and a PB 64GB with OS 2.0.1.

Please use plain text.