Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.2.1.3247; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: at&t

Re: Blackberry Calendar not working on my Playbook

You're posting this all over the forums but not offering any information on doing this. The only way that I'm aware of is rooting the device and doing this improperly can render the device useless.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
singtenor
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: Bell

My calendar is working, again, and I have lost all previous entries and appointments.  I have a paper backup for most of the appointments but would love to know how to back up the calendar. 

Also, how do I get all of the colour coded appointments to show on the same view?  At one point, I lost all of the colour coded appointments but the default appointments stayed intact.  Now I've lost all of them!

Help!!

Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran I
jarviser
My Device: Two PB's

[ Edited ]

This is contentious but my advise is to set up a hotmail account or similar, set up a calendar, then sync with playbook.  Once syncd with a few events you  can enter events either in hotmail or pb ca, ensuring you dont use the local calendarl. The master data is in the hotmail cloud so you can sync more than one device and unlikely to be lost by microsoft. Other providers are available.

My belief is that's how RIM always intended calandar and contacts to be used. Not everyone agrees.

Thanks for the info.  Will I need to set up a hotmail account in order to be able to access their calendar application?  Are there instructions for syncing calendar to playbook from hotmail?

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
singtenor

Re:Synching playbook with hotmail calendar

I have my hotmail calendar working but I have no idea how to synch it with my playbook.  Could someone please tell me how to do this!

I have looked all over the hotmail site for instructions but have found none.

Help please!!

Please use plain text.
Super Contributor
TroyTempest
My Device: Playbook 32
My Carrier: 3

Re: Re:Synching playbook with hotmail calendar

[ Edited ]

Simply add the email account to playbook. All you need is to go to settings,accounts, add new account, select email calendar and contacts , type in your hotmail address and password,  hit continue. After a few moments you get the final screen which will show email, calendar and contacts sync all ON.  Save. Wait for hotmail account to be set up. Takes a minute.

Open calendar app. It will soon sync all your dates. Contacts works the same. 

________
Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
saugen48
My Device: Blackberry Playbook 32GB
My Carrier: none at present

Mine was like that out of the box on initial setup but got sorted out after the software update

Gene
Please use plain text.
Super Contributor
TroyTempest
My Device: Playbook 32
My Carrier: 3

English meaning varies depending on where she is spoke.  By "sorted out" do you mean fixed or busted?

________
Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
saugen48
My Device: Blackberry Playbook 32GB
My Carrier: none at present

Fixed lad fixed...lol

Gene
Please use plain text.
Super Contributor
TroyTempest