Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Contributor
cj56
My Device: torch and Playbook
My Carrier: att

Re: Blackberry Desktop does not see Playbook when connected USB

I too am having the same problem.  I noticed when I plugged my palybook in the USB an error message appeared thatthe device driver did not install properly because the device was unplugged. This message only was visible if you expanded the windows install balloon.

I am running win 7 ultimate.

I even tried with a desktop version 6.1.0.20 that was available through crackberry.com.

I checked the log event and found this notice repeated everytime I tried to connect the Playbook.

:

Log Name:      Application
Source:        MsiInstaller
Description:
Detection of product '{906C01EE-B242-4197-AE85-6C506E1B869B}', feature 'SoleFeature' failed during request for component '{C6D62E2B-47D7-47EF-B7A1-70127B33A181}'

So far very disappointed in RIM.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
TSP001
My Device: Playbook

I was having the same problem in where it was connected to my PC and it was showing that it was connected to my PC in the Desktop Manager.

*Note: Make sure you have the BlackBerry Desktop Software/ Device Manager installed first. Before you continue.

Well, it didn't take me long to figure out the issue. All you have to do is unplug the Playbook, go to your Settings > Storage & Sharing (Make sure "File Sharing" is switched to "ON) > Switch "Wi-Fi Sharing to "OFF" > Select  "Connect to Windows" under "USB Connections" drop menu. Go back to your  BB Desktop Software. Go to, Tools > Refresh iTunes Album Art.  (Note: It can take a few minutes depending iTunes Library size)

Plug your BlackBerry Playbook back to your PC through the USB connection, wait for it to load and you should be able to Sync your Files.

Thank You!

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
jpcarna
My Device: Z10 and Playbook
My Carrier: AT&T

Thanks but not sure that description is what was originally posted and doesn't match my issue.  When connected via USB Desktop Manager does NOT recognize the Playbook.  Wifi sharing is off. Additionally the Playbook does not charge via USB.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
cj56

Agree. Playbook does not show in My Computer or Device Manager. I also tried on another computer running a 64bit Vista that had bluetooth capabilities. I could not connect with USB or Bluetooth. I believe this is a driver issue.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
gandre
My Device: Blackberry Curve 8900 Bridged to the Playbook 32GB

I had that problem earlier as well. What finally worked for me was to first close and restart the BB Desktop Manager, then restart the Playbook once the BB Desktop Manger is open. BB Desktop Manager should then detect the Playbook, which it did for me.

If my response helps you correct any issue that you're having, award me a KUDO by pressing the Star below. Then press Accept As Solution.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
jpcarna
My Device: Z10 and Playbook

Ok  I am running Windows 7 64bit on the machine that is having issues.. I just installed it on a 32bit Windows XP and it works fine.  Starting to think this is a 64bit O/S issue?

Please use plain text.
Contributor
cj56

I am also beginning to think it is a 64 bit issue.

At times the Desktop software sees nothing, other times an unknown device and yet another time it may show the Playbook.  It all depends on what is opened first, new boot, etc.  However even when it shows it is attached to the playbook I am unable to access it and it still is not showing up in My Computer.

I do have a ticket in with tech support.  I'll include this thread with that ticket. 

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
prochejr
My Device: Bold and Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

I am 32 bit Windows 7 but same results - somethines shows the Playbook but grayed out (like its not there), sometimes does not show it at all.  But never shows it as connected and able to be synched.  Has to be Windows 7 driver/hardware related.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
cj56

Looks like not a 64 bit issue. So far there has been similar problems in Win 7 32 bit, Win 7 64 bit and Win Vista 64 bit but did ok in Win XP 32 bit. RIM had to beta test it with these operating systems so it must be something that is not universal. May be the installer for the drivers.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
prochejr
My Device: Bold and Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

I also entered a RIM Enterprise Support ticket today, and will update this if it gets resolved.

Please use plain text.