Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

aes
New Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry Playbook tablet
My Carrier: Amazon

Re: Blackberry Desktop does not see Playbook when connected USB

Playbook arrived today and I do have other problems, but it does not charge from the pc.

Highlighted
Contributor
My Device: 9700
My Carrier: cellone

ok i was having the same problem until i just read up on some stuff..

the issue is that the playbook can not connect to the pc with wifi on...

not to sure if im late on this one on helping everyone but turn off your wifi and then connect your playbook to your pc. it worked for me and i hope it will work for u

Contributor

turn off your wifi then connect the playbook to your pc. it worked for me
My Device: BB Torch 9800
My Carrier: Telcel

I tried this and worked fine. The funny thing is that just when I restarted the PB, it finished installing the Blackberry driver for a new "phone" (i. e. new PIN and all) That was the missing step so my computer recognized the PB.

Thank you for posting this...

Regards. David.
Contributor

your welcome anything to help out my fellow blackberry playbook users/fans
New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Playbook
My Carrier: Vodafone

Hi, Thanks a lot for your support. It worked for me. Was trying for a long time to connect Playbook with my Desktop. Thanks once again! R S Jai Prakash
My Device: PlayBook
My Carrier: AT&T

Had the same problem with my brand new PlayBook until I disabled ZoneAlarm. Apparently DM does not work with ZoneAlarm (at least not with my version). It does work OK with Windows XP firewall though. This is exactly the same problem I have with iTunes. I have to first disable ZoneAlarm. Even if I add the PlayBook IP address to the ZoneAlarm trusted zone it will not work with it.

My Device: playbook
My Carrier: eastlink

great info here, as i think it's connected to my problem. having same issues as everyone else, the destop mgnr is not recognizing the device. if i go into the directory it's not listed as a drive either. yet when i plug it in, the computer recognizes it as a black berry smartphone and assures me it's ready to go.

i have tried all the other tips previous to this one, but i think this one might have a clue to my problem.  I had attempted to uninstall rim network adapter in error, but windows would only let me disable it. however it had disappeared.  since then i have not been able to connect my playbook to the pc.  i reinstalled everything.

now when I go into my internet/network connections (i'm using win xp), i see one LAN.  and no RIM one.   but the rim network adapter is showing in the hardware/device drivers and it's enabled.

so i'm wondering if i need to get a network rim connection set up in control panel with my lan?

My Device: playbook
My Carrier: eastlink

Re: PROBLEM SOVLED: Blackberry Desktop does not see Playbook when connected USB

OKAY guys, thanks to trying everything everyone else did and failing, i did manage to fix my issue.

recall: i had tried to uninstall the rim network adapter, but windows wouldn't let me. i believe it started to, and stopped the uninstall corrupting my file. rendering it useless

so  with the playbook plugged in and on,  I went back to control panel> system> hardware>drivers and found RIM network adapter (research in motion).  right click,  I uninstalled it successfully this time.

then i shut down the blackberry desktop software

I rebooted the playbook (still plugged in).  remembering that it should install any drivers it needs

Upon booting the computer detected a new RIM device (yay!), which first came up with a yellow warning balloon but went away. i right clicked on it, and it was in fact enabled.

The computer next said I connected A NEW blackberry device.  and my PIN # was showing in the BBdesktop sofware.  I backed up my files.

I went to windows explorer and found the playbook showing up as a disconnected network drive.

I think there are many issues that causes the playbook to be unrecognized by it's pc software, but it would be nice to have a list of everything we could go thru to help troubleshoot.  my solution i got bits and pcs from others and pieced it together.  i hope this helps someone else.

Contributor
My Device: Bold 9900 + 64 GB Playbook
My Carrier: Telus

Re: PROBLEM SOVLED: Blackberry Desktop does not see Playbook when connected USB

I'm glad this worked for you.

Unfortunately I've tried many different variations of this method and I have never been able to connect my Playbook to my PC (Win XP).  No matter what I do, the RIM Network Connection ends up with an error (This device cannot start).

I was able to finally get it to connect to my laptop (Vista), of course now I can't do a full back up (but that's a whole different issue all together).