Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

71bogardus
My Device: Blackberry playbook
My Carrier: verizon

Blackberry ID agreement problems

I am trying to setup 16GB playbook. It lets me connect the Internet, and will set up the time and date, but when i try to select United States as my country, it says that is unable to display the Blackberry ID agreement. Is there anything i can do to fix this?

Please use plain text.
Administrator (Retired)
SmoothRider
My Device: 9500, 8110, 8700, 8220, 9100, 9800, 9810, Z10

Re: Blackberry ID agreement problems

Hey 71bogardus,

Welcome to the forums.

Have a look at this article regarding the issue you are having. 

"Unable to display the BlackBerry ID agreement" during the PlayBook setup

-SR

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

Please use plain text.
misternicholas
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: N/A

I am having the same issue. This KB article doesn't fix the problem because from what I can tell there is no way of going back. Once you are on the "Blackberry ID Agreement" page there isn't a way to go forward or back without hitting "I Agree"

I've tried plugging in and using Desktop Manager but it immedialty pops up and says it cannot continue until you finish the setup processes. I cannot find a hard restore option and everytime I reboot it goes right back to this page! Have I found an infinite loop 2 minutes into using the device? Any help would be greatly appreciate!

I think the reason this is happening is because I have it connected on a corporate network and it doesn't have the proxy setup to get to external website where it is trying to pull the BB Agreement from. I will take the playbook home with me and see if it prompts about being disconnected and asks me to connect to my home network. 

Will post back if this fixes the problem.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
mouayad
My Device: blackberry playbook 16g
My Carrier: x

hi

i have the same problem so when i try to setup my BlackBerry PlayBook tablet 16GB after i connect tne internet and reach ID agreement to select the country - the list is EMPTY!!! and i connat select my country - list is EMPTY

SO PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE CAN YOU HELP ME IN THIS

i looking to hear from you sooooooooooooon

regards

Mouayad

Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran I
Lost_at_Sea
My Device: PlayBook 64 GB & Torch 9860
My Carrier: Cogeco

When a BlackBerry® PlayBook™ tablet is first started there is an initial setup wizard to complete before the device can be fully used.  To start, swipe the screen to move past the welcome page.  The first step is to connect to a Wi-Fi network.

The BlackBerry PlayBook tablet will list any available networks.  Select a network to connect to.  If the connection is secure, there will be a prompt for a user name and password to access the network.

Note: To complete the setup wizard a Wi-Fi connection must be established here.  If a connection is being made to a public Wi-Fi hot spot, there may be a captive portal in place that requires authentication to obtain full access.  See KB26582 for steps on how to authenticate with captive portal hot spots. Once a connection is made, swipe to continue to the next screen.

Select the date and time then swipe to continue.

The next screen is the BlackBerry® ID Legal Agreement.  In the drop-down list select the appropriate country, read the agreement, tap I Agree and then swipe to continue.  On the next screen there is a prompt for BlackBerry ID credentials.

If an account already exists, simply enter the credentials here.  If a new account is needed, one can be registered by clicking Create BlackBerry ID.  For more information on BlackBerry® ID please see article KB23716.

A mandatory system software upgrade will now be downloaded and installed on the BlackBerry PlayBook tablet.  This step cannot be skipped.  To prevent issues with the update it is recommended that the tablet be connected to a power source, such as a USB port or wall charger, during this process.

Following this, an option to pair a BlackBerry® Smartphone using BlackBerry® Bridge will appear.  This is optional and can be skipped if desired.

The next screen provides access to tutorials on how to use the BlackBerry PlayBook tablet. 

The final screen of the wizard presents the opportunity to configure additional optional items, such as Wi-Fi connectivity, BlackBerry Bridge and BlackBerry Desktop Software.  Tap Done to complete the wizard and start using the device.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
mouayad

Dear

thank you soo much but i still have problem in this point :

BlackBerry® ID Legal Agreement.  In the drop-down list select the appropriate country -i connat select any country becouse the country list is EMPTY yes its EMPTM no country names !!!

what i have to do ?? please help me please

Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran I
Lost_at_Sea

Contact RIM At the numbers below:
BlackBerry Playbook Help desks:

Germany: 0800 1816530 (Gebührenfrei)
North-America: 1 877 255 2377 (Toll Free)
UK: 0808 100 7466 (Toll Free UK only)
Outside UK: +44 1753 558400
Worldwide: 1 519 888 6181
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
mouayad

no email please ?? am in Syria

Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran I
Lost_at_Sea

Sorry to hear about that (your location). I just checked the country list and Syria is not listed which probably means that you will likely not be able to get the PlayBook up and running. However Turkey is on the list so if you can get there, you can probably get it up and running.
Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran I
jarviser
My Device: Two PB's

You can obviously speak english. Why not try to set it up as if you are in the united kingdom (london) with uk english as language and see if it will set up. The only problem may be paying for apps.