Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

New Contributor
My Device: Z10, Playbook LTE
My Carrier: 4033601010

Blackberry Link & Playbook

I have followed the counsel I have seen on this forum to turn off the WiFi on my Playbook before connecting via USB to PC and launching Playbook Link. I continue to get a message that the Media Link does not support the OS10 version on my Playbook, and to update it. I check for updates, and am advised that I have the latest OS version. Suggestions?

Forums Veteran I
My Device: Two PB's

Re: Blackberry Link & Playbook

[ Edited ]

DJG1953 wrote:

I have followed the counsel I have seen on this forum to turn off the WiFi on my Playbook before connecting via USB to PC and launching Playbook Link. I continue to get a message that the Media Link does not support the OS10 version on my Playbook, and to update it. I check for updates, and am advised that I have the latest OS version. Suggestions?

If you have OS10 on playbook then it's a dev alpha version that has been cranked in there using hacking tools at your own risk and you are beyond help on this forum.

Users should have OS 2.1 and use blackberry desktop software until such time as BB10 is offered legitimately. Then blackberry link software can be used reliably.

My bad... I am a relative newbie. I am on OS 2.1, but was confused because Bayberry Link opens up consecutively (I have a Z10 as well) when I connect the Playbook via USB. The Blaybook will back up with Desktop Manager, but it will not sync.

Forums Veteran I
My Device: Two PB's

I would change the settings in both BB Link and BB Desktop Software NOT to start up the software when connected. That way you can choose which to open before you connect. BB Link for the Z10 and Desktop Software for Playbook.

Once BB10 is on both devices you can ditch Desktop.

My Desktop Software syncs, but I use Mac which is faultless with Playbook. WIndoze can have problems apparenty and when I was on WIndoze I used to drag and drop over wifi rather than USB Sync.  

Using BB Link with Playbook on 2.1 is unreliable and started to loop my Mac's CPU up to over 200 deg F before I shut it down. 

Many thanks ... I have been moving media (music and videos) from my desktop to the Playbook via USB, and will wait until BB gets this sync thing better sorted out. From a contacts standpoint, I figure I can just export/import a CSV file from Google or Outlook to the Playbook.

Trusted Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Playbook 32GB
My Carrier: none at present

Ifthe files aren't terribly large install Dropbox on the PC and Bluebox on the playbook...put a couple of files at a time in Dropbox then Bluebox will sync and pick them up..more laptops/PCs/tablets you install these on, the more space you get..works great

Gene
New Contributor

Z10 email signature

I'm probably in the wrong forum for this, but what the hey! I want a signature to my gmail account on the Z10, and I am instructed to go into edit mode on my gmail account and select autoselect signature, and then put in signature details. I have explored the email account edit screen a bunch of times, and have never seen an autoselect box for the email signature. Perhaps I am looking in the wrong place?

Highlighted
Trusted Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Playbook 32GB
My Carrier: none at present

Re: Z10 email signature

Did you make sure you panned all the way down on the edit screen

Gene