Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Contributor
Chan4k
My Device: Playbook

Blackberry Maps for Playbook

I really love my playbook...even though it has limited apps..., But one of the main draw back is, Poor maps solutions.

Call it, google, bing or Nokia maps....Everything sucks..!!!

Why Blackberry didn't include the BB maps in the software update? When it is available for the phones, why can't it be on playbook?

Any RIM guy can give us some real answers and some hope???!!!:Innocent:

Thanks

JSanders
Solutions: 5,979
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Blackberry Maps for Playbook

Chan4k wrote:

Any RIM guy can give us some real answers and some hope???!!!:Innocent:

This is a user-to-user community support forum. We are not RIM employees, but volunteers who enjoy assisting other users. RIM personnel rarely comment on queries posted here.

I like Google Maps on the Playbook... works good.

I have a feeling that in a few months when BB10 is available for the Playbook, BBMaps 'should' be available, BUT I DO NOT know that for a fact.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Super Contributor
TroyTempest
My Device: Playbook 32

Re: Blackberry Maps for Playbook

Chan4k wrote:

Call it, google, bing or Nokia maps....Everything xxxx..!!!

That's a pretty comprehensive list. Not much left, except you missed Apple maps, now they really do "need some attention". (avoiding your unpleasant 'merkin phrase).  Not having a phone that has more than a numeric keypad I haven't seen Blackberry maps, are they better?

Seems such a waste of fuel and effort and aviation time for everyone to repeat what Google have already done just for competitive advantage.  Build a new street and they all have to fly over it again (on a sunny day of course, not cloudy like Apple did. Couldn't see half of England)  

________