Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

My Device: Blackberry Playbook
My Carrier: Virgin Mobile

Blackberry Notebook -- Red light STEADY, Green light BLINKS 5 TIMES, wont come on

Ive charged my Playbook for 30 minutes via computer. I tried cutting on the tablet and the red light came on STEADY, then the GREEN LIGHT BLINKED 5 times. It would not power on. I also tried cutting it on while plugged in and the same thing occured. I have tried resetting it by holding the + and - sign for 20 secs and no success. I bought the playbook from Radio Shack NEW in February.  Any suggestions?

New Contributor
My Device: Torch 9800, Playbook 32GB, Q10
My Carrier: Bell

Re: Blackberry Notebook -- Red light STEADY, Green light BLINKS 5 TIMES, wont come on

you should charge it with a rapid wall charger... a usb cable connected to a computer is not enough!

New Contributor

Re: Blackberry Notebook -- Red light STEADY, Green light BLINKS 5 TIMES, wont come on

New Contributor

You can Try this and let us know wich solution works...

If your battery is dead or near dead, you have a problem. If you follow these instructions you may be able to make a recovery but it will take some time.

The charger is controlled by software. The software will not run because the battery voltage is too low. When the battery is too low and you turn on the PB, It will only run for about 4 minutes and then shut down again. During this 4 minutes, the charger will begin charging but since the battery voltage is still too low, the unit will shut down again and the charger will shut off.

To get the voltage up sufficiently for the PB To continue, you have to have the charger plugged in and every 5 minutes or so, you have to hold the power button on until the red light flashes then release it.It will once again recharge for 4 minutes. You may have to repeat these steps at least 10 times. Once the voltage gets up a bit, the charger should stay on but it will takes 6 hours to fully recharge the battery. When your charger is charging, it will feel warm to the touch so check it often to see if it is in fact charging.

My Device: BlackBerry PlayBook
My Carrier: Me

I just b
Highlighted
My Device: BlackBerry PlayBook
My Carrier: Me

I just bought a BlackBerry PlayBook yesterday for 80pounds from CashConverters 16GB and as soon as I got home I put it on charge because the battery was really low, then for some reason it weren't charging at all, it kept saying 'plug into device to charge' even though it was in and it still wasn't working. I tried a USB cable into my laptop then it wasn't even turning on at all a red light stayed on for about 10 seconds then a green light started flashing 5 times, I tried it several times same thing happened again and again. I tried putting it on charge all night still the same. Any solutions anyone please help me out I'm really stuck here?