Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

New Contributor
tgtbt
My Device: Playbook 16 GB

Blackberry Playbook 16G won't fully open.

I updated the OS on my playbook, shut off the playbook and now it will turn non and open the front page with Blackberry Playbook on the colored background but will not open beyond that point.  I have fully charged the notepad, Turned it off and on many times, held the on/off button down for 20-25 seconds at start-up and at shutdown but nothng is working.  I did have problems opening the playbook occassionally prior to the update but now...it absolutely will not open.  Any suggentions.

Please use plain text.
Super Contributor
TroyTempest
My Device: Playbook 32

Re: Blackberry Playbook 16G won't fully open.

OK, it sounds like it's bricked, so you lost your data if not backed up.

You can try Debrick...

Make sure you know your Blackberry ID and password

If you can, backup important data. Preferably by wifi share drag n drop as well as desktop backup.

Turn Playbook right off (i.e. Shut Down)

Ensure you have the latest Blackberry Desktop Software to your PC or Mac and start it up

Connect the Playbook by USB cable.

If the red light starts to glow press the Off button.

Because Playbook is off you will get an error message basically saying Retry or Update  (on Mac it says repair rather than Update)

Quickly select the Update (or repair) option

The Playbook will start to get a new OS that will take a good hour to download via the PC

Follow the registration process using your current Blackberry ID

Add back your email accounts etc.

Reinstall your apps from App World, My World. 

Copy back your data.

Your data will be gone.

________
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
tgtbt

Thank you for the help. I followed the directions and an updated OS seemed to download and the my playbook rebooted but my playbook still will not open past the introductory page saying BlackBerry PlayBook with the floating colored background. Then my playbook was battery was dead so I recharged it and tried again. Same process...same results.. Any other suggestions?
Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran I
Lost_at_Sea
My Device: PlayBook 64 GB & Torch 9860

If the Battery is very low, the PlayBook will not complete the boot up. Connect to your charger and recharge for about 5 hours. Afterwards hold down the power button only until the red light flashes then release it and wait for the PlayBook to reboot.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
tgtbt

I will charge my playbook again again and try your suggestion.  Thanks.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
tgtbt

Recharged the playbook but it will still only open to the BlackBerry Playbook opening page with colored backgrounds. Also the red light went on for a brief period but it did not flash before going out and the above page opening. Any other suggestions?
Please use plain text.