Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Contributor
A-ramzan
My Device: Bold 9790 Blackberry Playbook

Blackberry Playbook GPS

Hello, before I start I want to apologize if this topic has been raised before... I have a Blackberry Playboolk 64GB everything works great and it was a great purchase, one issue that I am having trouble with is the GPS on the device. I have read before that other people are having the same issue and it works sometimes, however mine is not working what so ever... I am using bing maps and i understand that it does not use GPS but it can't even determine my location over wifi, i make sure i am out in the open, wifi signal is strong and i try it over and over again and on different days. I have also downloaded other maps and same issue cannot determine location over GPS and even WIFI . Is there anything I can do to solve the issue? I have the latest update for my device is that helps.
Kind Regards
A Ramzan
Forums Advisor III
rat-7
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 + Z30 + Playbook 64

Re: Blackberry Playbook GPS

A-ramzan wrote:
Hello, before I start I want to apologize if this topic has been raised before... I have a Blackberry Playboolk 64GB everything works great and it was a great purchase, one issue that I am having trouble with is the GPS on the device. I have read before that other people are having the same issue and it works sometimes, however mine is not working what so ever... I am using bing maps and i understand that it does not use GPS but it can't even determine my location over wifi, i make sure i am out in the open, wifi signal is strong and i try it over and over again and on different days. I have also downloaded other maps and same issue cannot determine location over GPS and even WIFI . Is there anything I can do to solve the issue? I have the latest update for my device is that helps.

For one thing the first time that it get GPS location, that could take nearly 30 minutes, after that initial location check, the next time that you start a GPS program, it will be on ly a few minutes at most, but it will not in any case work well inside, unlike GPS on a phone that uses Cell tower if there is no GPS signal (or not strong enough) the Playbook uses only the signal from the GPS satellites

---------------------------------------------
Using the Playbook and the Z10 and the Z30 and loving them

Martin
Forums Veteran I
jarviser
My Device: Two PB's

Re: Blackberry Playbook GPS

[ Edited ]

A-ramzan wrote:

You could go to app world and install Berry Tester. Mine just showed 0/0 satellites and blanks under gps status Two minutes after going out into the garden it changed to 8/15 with coordinates and 2.5 metre accuracy.

Try the app to see inside the gps data.