Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

New Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry Z10

Blackberry Playbook Left Hand Side Rubber RIM

Dear Friends,

Today morning, when I removed my #Playbook from its cover - I was shocked to see that the front left hand side rubber rim was ripped... (Picture attached)

I am not sure how it happened, but now I want it to be fixed.

Can anyone suggest me official Blackberry Playbook Service center in #Mumbai, where I can get it fixed.

Retired
My Carrier: Bell

Re: Blackberry Playbook Left Hand Side Rubber RIM

Hello dhullazaran and welcome to the BlackBerry® Support Community Forums.

Sorry to hear you are having issues with your BlackBerry® PlayBook™ tablet.

Hardware related repairs are addressed by your point of sale.

Contact them for further investigation into this.

Thanks!

-HMthePirate

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

Developer
My Device: Z30 / PlayBook 64GB

I had a similar issue, and the PlayBook support guys let me get it repaired as an RMA - which was very kind of them.

Check out blackberry.com/support and click on PlayBook - there you should get a phone number that you can call them on.

Good luck!

Follow me on Twitter1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
New Contributor

Good Morning. I have purchased my Playbook on 30th December 2011.

Today my Playbook has completed 5 months 26 days.

Ok now coming to the issue, on 10th June 2012, I noticed that Left Hand side front near speaker the Rubber rim had ripped, I don't how it happened.

I contacted BlackBerry Playbook Direct service help desk & they suggested me to go to Redington Khar, Mumbai, India, service station.

I visited the service center on 14th June 2012, will all the bills, doucments and all.

They said that in next 7 working days my problem will be solved.

Under their Work Order No : MKW/PB/12/00536 Dated: 14th June 2012

Firstly, there is no transparency with any service personal, very unprofessional, no web portal to check the status, no phone call answered, no email respond no nothing.

After Millions of fail attempt trying to reach Redington Khar, final I get through and they said that still they have no update on the same (i.e. On 18th June 2012)

Finally with my lost patient, and mailed my concern to all possible people I can get in RIM, Blackberry & Redington.

To my surprise I get reply from Redington on 22nd June 2012 stating that there is a problem with the display, which need to be changed & also my unit is Out Of warranty. And service Charge will be Rs. 8400.00

I mean, just to fix rubber rim, why do you have to change whole display. Let me clarify this to you that my display is perfectly in good condition. And my Playbook is not even completed 6 months.

To give you a proper understanding, have any of you visited www.ifixit.com, this site provides you the information on how to repair your electronic items. I visited the site prier  to complaining to Playbook Direct Service Support. And the solution is so simple, but due to lack of proper tools I was unable to.

If you follow properly the solution won't cost more than Rs. 200.00, and that to inspite of been Under warranty, you guys are charging Rs. 8400.00.

Now, 23rd June 2012 they contacted me & I have given then Green Signal to go ahead and do the necessary task, so that I can get my Playbook Back.

Now, inspite of unit been under Warranty, I have to spend my Hard earn money just to repair the thing which technically could be done FOC (Free Of Cost)

Understand one thing very clearly, My Under Warranty Playbook, is been repaired by Redington Khar Service @ Rs. 8400.00 (Not Justifiable)

Waiting for your valued support and reply. 

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry playbook

Hey i got the same proble. But when i called the phone number the lady told me that i must pay 99.99 for the repair !!!