Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

New Contributor
My Device: Curve 8520
My Carrier: T-mobile

Blackberry Playbook New Update?

Any info on when blackberry will release a new update and which bugs itll fix?
Elite I
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Telus

Re: Blackberry Playbook New Update?

No concrete info on either, but I seem to remember reading or hearing at the BlackBerry World conference that updates are expected on a biweekly basis (so every two weeks). I would expect each update to fix some bugs, as well as introduce new functionality, but none of us have any way to know for certain.

If you want to thank someone for their comment, do so by clicking the Thumbs Up icon.

If your issue is resolved, don't forget to click the Solution button on the resolution!

Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

it was at the key notes at BBWC that the 2 week update was mentioned.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

Trusted Contributor
My Device: 8530 curve
My Carrier: cellular south

What we need is for RIM to post what they have updated, which bugs they fixed. Also, it would really help if they would publish something with the PB user interface functionality. Thanks to all the users who have asked questions and those that have posted the solution, but it would be a lot easier and less frustrating if RIM would publish the user interface functions without us having to find them by trial and error. ARE YOU LISTENING RIM?

Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9700
My Carrier: Rogers

I agree with tboyd, if we can have RIM post what they have updated so that we know what to expect, take away all the guess work. 

Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

The last update to 1.0.3 did list the changes before doing the update.

there might be lots of little fixes, but I dont see a list yet.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9700
My Carrier: Rogers

Oh alright thanks, is there a link you can provide where we can go check?

Thanks

Guru III
My Device:

They did post info on a blog

http://blogs.blackberry.com/2011/05/blackberry-playbook-tablet-os-v1-0-3-update-%e2%80%93-video-chat...

Elite I
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Telus

And with regards to gestures, RIM actually has some great tutorials available on both the PlayBook (check out the Help app) and on the PlayBook website (http://touch.blackberry.com).

Check those locations out and I think you will be much happier.

If you want to thank someone for their comment, do so by clicking the Thumbs Up icon.

If your issue is resolved, don't forget to click the Solution button on the resolution!

Guru III
My Device:

[ Edited ]

Sorry but your link has an ) init

correct link

http://touch.blackberry.com

but does not go anywhere.