Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

JuniorRivero
My Device: Blackberry Playbook/ Blackberry 9860
My Carrier: 2977311771

Blackberry Playbook Shortcut Icons

Heys Peeps, i was wondering... is there for the Blackberry Playbook anyway that you can change the ICON for a shortcut website that has been added to your homescreen. Let say just like in windows you can create a shortcut and change the icon. At my company we are trying out the Playbook for the workfield and we use different eForms that are online available, but we would like to change the icon representing the shortcut to the internet address of the eForm added to the homescreen. Anybody any idea? I have the icons available in .ico, .png and .jpeg! Please advice!

Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.2.1.3247; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: at&t

Re: Blackberry Playbook Shortcut Icons

Unfortunately, there's no way to change it. Sorry.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Please use plain text.
Contributor
bdai
My Device: Torch 9800, PlayBook
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: Blackberry Playbook Shortcut Icons

In order to do this you would have to create a web launcher app. The first one takes a while to do, setting up your developer account and installing the developer tools - but a launcher is amongst the easiest apps to create.

Read this guide here:
http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/Web-and-WebWorks-Development/How-to-Create-a-URL-launching-ap...
Please use plain text.