Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

New Contributor
rjkora
My Device: Blackberry Playbook
My Carrier: Airtel

Blackberry Playbook Wont charge

My playbook just wont charge, when I plug it in the there the red light, and the a slow greenish yellow light.. and after about  15 mins it boots up to battery critically low, setup will continue after charge reaches 20% and then nothing.. it just remains 0%. I tried stack charging.. tried everything that have been mentioned in the forums.. if it doesnt work i am going tbo return it back to for servicing.. And i used my playbook charger.. I am a blackberry fan but blackberry is making it really hard for me to remain one...

Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Re: Blackberry Playbook Wont charge

if it is booting up it can take a few hours before it will go past 0%

then try a restart after 2 hours and see if the level will change

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 5.0.4 and BES 10.2.2 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2008

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
rjkora

I left it on charge all night around 8 hours and it was still 0% and after the restart it the battery with lighting bolt came up and its stuck with same cycle!!
Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

try holding power button for 20 seconds to reboot it?

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 5.0.4 and BES 10.2.2 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2008

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
rjkora

I tried that as well as a stack charging which i am not sure i am doing it right! this started after i updated my playbook so the update wont complete till its 20%. Its pretty frustrating.. I love the playbook cant give up on it yet!!  i held the power button for 20 seconds nothing happens.. just seems that it doesnt charge!! 

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
fly32
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: Rogers

Try connecting to the USB on your computer. Mine won't charge normally after 2.0.1.358 upgrade so I think it's a software problem.
Please use plain text.
Super Contributor
TroyTempest
My Device: Playbook 32
My Carrier: 3

fly32 wrote:
....r. Mine won't charge normally after 2.0.1.358 upgrade so I think it's a software problem.

There are several reasons reported in various forums that I have been absorbing...

Total flattening of battery due to being left on standby too long, leaving Insufficient voltage to run charge software.

Broken charge socket or cable or charger

Poor battery terminals needing PBs back to be prised off and two screws removed and put back (will void warranty)

Battery expired.

Only the first could be "blamed" on software.  The particular release of software will not cause this problem.

________
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
rjkora

I have had no luck, trying to get my playbook recharged so i am going to take it to the service center! i am so annoyed.:smileysad:

Please use plain text.
Super Contributor
TroyTempest
My Device: Playbook 32
My Carrier: 3

Nice to live in a country with Playbook service centres. You are so lucky.

________
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Jmarskie
My Carrier: Blackberry Playbook

My playbook wont work anymore. It wont charge via usb and directly into the socket. Any helP?
Please use plain text.