Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Franksp2011
My Device: Playbook 32G
My Carrier: Rogers

Blackberry Playbook and Mini KB

I purchased a Blackberry Bluetooth Mini Keyboard.  I connected it and it works nicely.  I then connected my Blackberry Curve and again no problems.  Then i enabled the Blackberry Bridge so my Blackberry Emails can be seen on my Playbook.  Well as soon as I got an email the KB disconnected.

This happens now all the time.

I turn off the KB on and off and it connects and then poof disconnects all of a suddden.

Are these 2 not compatable with each other?

Please use plain text.
BlackBerry Technical Advisor (Retired)
hatchback
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 Smartphone

Re: Blackberry Playbook and Mini KB

[ Edited ]

Hey Franksp2011,

Welcome to the BlackBerry® Support Community Forums.

I have tested this and was unable to reproduce this issue, we would suggest contacting our BlackBerry PlayBook support team for further investigation into this matter: 

http://us.blackberry.com/legal/blackberry-playbook-complimentary-support-plan-terms-and-conditions.h...

Thank you.

-HB

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

Please use plain text.
Contributor
omnivore-46460
My Device: playbook
My Carrier: n/a

bluetooth protocols are normally one device is pair at a time (will stand corrected if wrong)

as for blackberry bluetooth is slightly non standard, this should still be the case

Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
Enygma
My Device: BlackBerry Playbook
My Carrier: WiFi only (well, I do have a cheap Nokia with 7/11 SpeakOut)

A simpler solution to re-establish a connection when the mini keyboard is disconnected is to tap the keyboard's [ctrl] key..  That re-establishes contact.  You get a viusual confirmation of the process when the LED on the keyboard flashes blue while it re-establishes the connection.

This is perhaps not a solution but a lot less of a pain than turning off the keyboard, turning it on again and then waiting and waiting for the keyboard and the PlayBook to pair again.

PlayBook 64GB and 32 GB
Please use plain text.