Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

New Contributor
Mart_1984
My Device: Blackberry Playbook 32gb
My Carrier: Vodafone

Blackberry Playbook charging port is broken??

Here is one for all you technical whizzkids, I have bought and sold a few of these so know most of what there is to do, I know how to debrick, and also what to do when the battery is very dead.....as far as I can see there is no issue there, I plug the charger in and USB cable  and the blackberry just doesn't recognize either of these, so obviously at present it will not charge. I get as far as the screen that says 0% and gives me 60 seconds to plug the charger in, but when I do nothing happens.

What I have noticed though, is when I look in the charging port the socket is in the right place (charger hasn't been put in upside down) but at the back there is two gold lines at the back of the port which seem to be part of the port. Like I said I have bought and sold a few of these and never seen this in any of the previous playbooks.

Is it worth opening up and trying to fix, or will all rapid travel chargers and charging docks have the magnetic end so I can charge it alternatively? Thanks in advance.

Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran I
jarviser
My Device: Two PB's

Re: Blackberry Playbook charging port is broken??

Sounds like two pins flattened to the back of the port. 

The rapid charger and desk cradle both use the msgnetic port