Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

New Contributor
clique95
My Device: Blackberry Playbook

Blackberry Playbook dead

okay my blackberry playbook was dead just before I needed to travel overseas. It started with the blinking lights before my trip but after 2 months the blackberry doesn't charge, light on or anything. Even with the rapid charger. I assume my battery is completely dead at 0v? Anyway to charge it still. I have charged the device for about a week straight and nothing happens still. The Blackberry Playbook is on OS 2.0

Please use plain text.
Super Contributor
ukmight
My Device: Z10 STL 100-2 & PlayBook 64GB

Re: Blackberry Playbook dead

I understand that you dont get any LED blinking when you connect the Playbook to the charger. Have you tried connecting the playbook to a different normal playbook charger.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Twitter: @ukmight
1. Click on the " Like " button if you find anything helpful posted.

2. If any of the replies in your post has resolved your problem, mark the reply(ies) as " Solution ", so that others can readily view the solution instead of creating another redundant post.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
clique95

my normal playbook charger isn't broken as I have tried charging other devices and it works fine. I don't feel the need to spend money on another playbook charger when both the playbook and rapid charger don't charge my playbook.

Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran I
Lost_at_Sea
My Device: PlayBook 64 GB & Torch 9860

Try connecting it to your charger for two minutes. Disconnect at the wall for a minute. Reconnect at the wall again. Repeat this 15 or 20 times. The battery is totally dead. The charging is controlled by software. No juice, charger doesn't control.
When you follow this process, it will charge for about a minute, then shut down again. So you have to keep plugging it in again to get this one minute of charge. Eventually the battery voltage will very slowly increase and will reach a point where the charger will operate.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
clique95

I have tried about 30 - 35 times and still nothing happens.

Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran I
jarviser
My Device: Two PB's

[ Edited ]

Sounds like the micru-usb port. Two choices - spend 20 to 40 dollars or euros on a magnetic charger which may or may not solve it, or trash the playbook now. 

Edit: I see you already tried the rapid magnetic rapid charger. It's probably unrecoverable without repair and new parts more than $200

wah, you must be serious right? No other options left?

Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran I
jarviser
My Device: Two PB's

[ Edited ]

Serious. After all your tries, eiher your charger, your charger port or your charging system is busted.

If it's one of the first two, then a charger that fits the three pin socket to the right of the usb may bring it back to life.

If it's the third then playbook is not economic to fix.

Others will say keep charging for a couple of days, but with no lights, no activity, AND you say you already tried the mag charger, eventually you need to call it. Time of death.......agreed.