Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

New Contributor
davidguitar
My Device: Blackberry Playbook
My Carrier: David Silva

Re: Blackberry Playbook duplicate files!!!

as no affects? Space in my disc occupied is high than the normal!
Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

I have not tested BAR files taking up extra space in a while. I did install 6 gig worth of apps before and they took up about 7 gig of space in the end. not as much as you claim with this newer OS version but I will test it out next time I wipe my PlayBook.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 5.0.4 and BES 10.2.2 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2008

Please use plain text.
remoter
My Device: Blackberry 9800
My Carrier: Airtel

To Remove Duplicates I Think You Should Just Try Some Duplicate File Finder Which Are Compatible To Blackberry Devices Such As Free Duplicate File Finder Form : http://www.ashisoft.com

Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

remoter wrote:

To Remove Duplicates I Think You Should Just Try Some Duplicate File Finder Which Are Compatible To Blackberry Devices Such As Free Duplicate File Finder Form : http://www.ashisoft.com

Doubt that will work with virtual links, users might end up with everything deleted in the end.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 5.0.4 and BES 10.2.2 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2008

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
sej966
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: A1

I have the same annoying problem, only I have triplicate files! One with Music in Misc written with large M and one in music with small m. I bought the 64Gb as it was a good price for the music storage system, but not when the playbook makes a double copy of everything!!

Please use plain text.
Developer
cas118
My Device: Z30 / PlayBook 64GB
My Carrier: Virgin Mobile UK

Hi Sej,

If you go back and read the first page of this topic you'll see that we talk about virtual folders.

The PlayBook doesn't copy your music, it just makes the files appear in more than one location so that all the apps will work properly.

To prove a point, if you delete a file in one music folder, it will immediately disappear in the other location.

Follow me on Twitter1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Please use plain text.
Developer
samarthsevak
My Device: Playbbook
My Carrier: TATA Docomo

It just shows that its double but if you delete one another will automatically deleted you can test it by your self also..

those all are virtual links with each other don't worry about it......
Please use plain text.