Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

New Contributor
Jason_Serra
My Device: Blackberry Playbook
My Carrier: Vodacom

Blackberry Playbook error when using camera to take pictures/videos - error.4003

Hi 

The other day when using the camera (front and back facing) feature on my Playbook I received the following error - error.4003. The camera and its features were working fine the previous day. It happened in the morning and after a hard reboot, the problem still persisted. A quick search on the internet said it was a hardware related issue with the camera being moved out of place, not sure how accurate that is. The Video Chat feature still works and the camera is able to pick up a picture. I have the lastest software/OS installed. If someone can help out or point me in the right direction that would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Jason

Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran I
jarviser
My Device: Two PB's

Re: Blackberry Playbook error when using camera to take pictures/videos - error.4003

4003 has only been resolved by calling Blackberry support. It seems indeed to need hardware repair. No home fix.

My Device: Blackberry Playbook
My Carrier: Vodacom

Re: Blackberry Playbook error when using camera to take pictures/videos - error.4003

Thanks jarviser for the help, its much appreciated. Was worried that would be the answer, its out of warrenty so I believe that adds more complications to the problem. Will give Blackberry tech support a call and hopefully they will be able to assist. Tried their Twitter and Facebook profile but no response from then with regards to the problem. Do have the number: 0800988892, could you tell me if that is the correct one? Or give a possible alternative if Im mistaken.

Thanks again
Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran I
jarviser
My Device: Two PB's

Jason_Serra wrote:.... Do have the number: 0800988892, could you tell me if that is the correct one? Or give a possible alternative if Im mistaken.

Thanks again

Don't know which continent you live in.

Go to www.Blackberry.com/Playbook and look for the support link.