Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Playbook P100 -16WF Model:RDJ21WW
My Carrier: Verizon

Blackberry Playbook keeps locking me out

I have read several instances here where playbooks or different Blackberry devices are not accepting someone's password but I have yet to find an answer. I got my playbook for christmas. I played with it and added things all day yesterday. When I charged it, it made me use a password to get back in but then it would not accept my password when I typed it correctly. I went to the support page that tells how to change a password so it wouldn't erase all my new information and was told I  sucessfully reset the password. I then used that password but it earsed everything I had done anyway. Now, I just charged it again and it's doing this all over again. Is it just going to wipe everything off everytime I recharge? If so, it's going back! And I find everything on the blackberry site totally useless as far as help or support. I am totally frustrated. Is there an answer. I think I have 2 more tries before it locks me out and erases everything again.

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Playbook P100 -16WF Model:RDJ21WW
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Blackberry Playbook keeps locking me out

I kept reading other people's posts and it occured to me that I had tried the side loading of Anroid apps again and had put the playbook in Dveloper mode. I was sure I took it back out but I tried that passord anyway. I had 3 tries left. Sure enough, that let me in. I checked and Developer mode was turned off so this should not have worked, but it did. I am finding several things frustrating witht his tablet. Still not certain I want to keep it.

Forums Veteran I
My Device: PlayBook 32 & 64 GB & Torch 9860
My Carrier: Teksavvy

Re: Blackberry Playbook keeps locking me out

Write down the BBID as well as passwords. More problems are caused by people forgetting their passwords. I have had my PlayBook for 17 months. It is fantastic. I have only had minor glitches.