Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Playbook
My Carrier: SKY

Blackberry Playbook not charging -have two exactly the same and both not connecting to charger...help!!

Bought my two children a playbook each last Christmas. They were fine for the first six months but have had problem after problem with charging and battery life ever since. It has now come to the point that the playbooks haven't been used for the past few months and are sat on the computer desk, unused!! The chargers do not connect-they're plugged in, but the connection doesn't get through. I have also bough numerous other compatible chargers but have had the same problem with them so we now know it is the playbook rather than the charger.

Has anyone else had this problem? HELP!! We don't want to waste the money we spent on two Playbooks only a year ago-I don't think six months use is acceptable from a piece of technology such as this.

Developer
My Device: Bold 9700, 9790, 9900, Curve 8520, 9360, Blackberry Z10 | iPhone 5S
My Carrier: *

Re: Blackberry Playbook not charging -have two exactly the same and both not connecting to charger...help!!

Hello mljackson680,

Welcome to the BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

If you're receiving the flashing green LED light, it sounds like the BlackBerry PlayBook battery is completely drained.  I suggest plugged the BlackBerry PlayBook into the wall charger for several hours to get a charge again.

Let me know if the issue still persists after charging it after several hours.

more

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/BlackBerry-PlayBook/My-BB-Playbook-doesn-t-charge-and-turn-on...

VIA | BlackBerry Technical Advisor

_______________________________________________________________________________________________
Please thank those who help you by clicking the original button.
If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking "Accept as Solution"
New Contributor

Re: Blackberry Playbook not charging -have two exactly the same and both not connecting to charger...help!!

Hi,

We have done this numerous times with both play books.

Thanks.

Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

possible your charger is the issue, my kids have wrecked a few and we now use a magnetic charger instead

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: Koodoo

I have the same problem. If I feel carefully when pluggng in the micro-usb charging connection I can feel it rocking and not secure.I called Blackberry some months ago and was advised that I had damaged the female socket by plugging in the micro-usb up-side down. You would have thought that this type of problem would have been designed out long ago !!!!!!!!!!!! You can get around the charging problem, I am advised, by purchasing a charger which connects to the socket with the 3 large pins adjacent to the micro-usb connection. These are available from Amazon for about $20.00 I have yet to implement this and am now startng to investigate whether connectin can be achieved for downloading data via the HDMI connection as the micro-usb is out of order I am also wanting to find out the cost of having the device repaired.  This is frustrated by not being able to access registration on the Blackberry internet site and no phone no available.

New Contributor

Thank you for your response.

I am disgusted with Blackberry-they have no real contact details and don't want to know regarding our problem. I am now going to find the connectors that you suggest and I will report back.

Many thanks.